Don't learn Russian - Russians are "very" Racist

Ennui   Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:23 pm GMT
Living with race hate in Russia
By Patrick Jackson
BBC News website, Moscow

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4737468.stm

DON'T LISTEN TO ANY OF THE RUSSIANS ON THIS SITE. RUSSIANS ARE EXTREMELY RACIST AND HYPERNATIONALISTIC - YOU WILL ENCOUNTER THE MOST EXTREME FORMS OF BIGOTRY AND RACISM IN RUSSIA, GUARANTEED, IF YOU AREN'T WHITE RUSSIAN.

Most of the Russians on this site look pure white so they are oblivious to racism in their country. You MUST be careful if you don't look white otherwise you will either get beat up or, worse, killed. If you date a Russian you are guaranteed to be denied entry into certain clubs and restaurants, and you will be threatened and heckled everywhere you go.

I, however don't blame the Russian people because they are "relatively" poor and culturally backward - they are afraid of foreigners and are constantly inveighing against the foreign immigration because of the monumental problem of white-Russian demographic decline. In 5-10 years, I hope, Russians will be more accepting of foreigners into their country because of globalization, but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Even if you look white, you aren't safe - Russians dislike Poles, Chechens, and Georgians; if you are Muslim, you too WILL be discriminated against during your stay in Russia. The police WILL NOT protect you and sometimes they encourage the attacks against minorities. For the most part, Russians are either oblivious to the racism or they are unwilling and scared to take a stand. Slowly, but surely, liberal, pro-democracy groups are protesting against discrimination and racism against foreigners in Russia, but they are the minority (no pun intended - not that this is funny by the way). Unfortunately, however, minorities are still viewed as drug dealers and criminals, so be prepared for a nightmare no matter where you are in Russia.

Russia: racism on the rise

Zygmunt Dzieciolowski
26 - 4 - 2006
A spate of attacks against ethnic minorities and African students reflects a wider growth of nationalist political sentiment, says Zygmunt Dzieciolowski.

http://www.opendemocracy.net/globalization-institutions_government/racism_3482.jsp
Real Deal   Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:19 am GMT
I think the guy was soundly scammed by a some russian via internet or in a real life, has sparked the dialogue and got schooled in the eyes of his family/friends that's why he envies Russians. Shit happens you know
If not what Russians are way more cultural than whole Europe together, which rots itself.
Guest   Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:23 am GMT
America is the best country. Russia is okay, though.
loca   Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:28 pm GMT
he's right russians are racist if you learn russian you'll become racist like them.
Guailo   Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:16 pm GMT
Don't learn also chinese!They hate the white people :-)
Aldvm   Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:06 pm GMT
My 2 cents:

Russians living in the U.S are some of the most respectful / intelligent people. The women are gorgeous and respectful. While, the men are liberal and intelligent; now this is according to what I've encountered in California. Stereotyping/condemning a race or a language is also traits of being a rascist.
Kyril   Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:52 pm GMT
Russian literature has inspired the whole world.
Nikolai Gogol, Leo Tolstoy, Fyodor Dostoevsky,Turgenev,Pushkin,Vladimir Mayakovsky,Alexander Blok,Mikhail Sholokhov,Solzhenitsyn

What a pathetic topic..

What is the solution?
if we stop learning russian,the racism will extinct?
Real Deal   Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:22 pm GMT
Kyril also Bulgakov, Checkov and much more.
augustin717   Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:01 pm GMT
The Russians I know, I would say, are among the most welcoming persons in the world.
....   Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:48 pm GMT
So what if they're racist?
Obelixis   Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:45 am GMT
**America is the best country. Russia is okay, though. **

America is not a country is a continent divided in three parts, north, central and south. If America is a country (US) then how could it be located in the north part of itself ? If North America is a continent, how could Central America be located in the south part of it ? Americans are all the people from Alaska to Patagonia.

US geography is a mess and must not be imitated.
Guest   Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:57 am GMT
>>The Russians I know, I would say, are among the most welcoming persons in the world.

>>So what if they're racist?

I think they are both, because *surprise-surprise* they are different like any nation.
Guest   Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:27 pm GMT
DonĀ“t learn the following languages english, french, spanish, portuguese or dutch. These languages were all involved in the slavery bisnuss.

This makes as much sense as you are putting forward.

"Don't learn Russian - Russians are "very" Racist"

Do you honestly think people are going to listen to you?

Tell us what your home language is and lets hope that it has no racism in its past or present.
Seljuk   Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:29 am GMT
No matter what other people say, I like Russian and will like forever.By the way I'm Turkish.
Guest   Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:37 am GMT
Turks murdered someone just because he insulted 'Turkish values'. Isn't that racist?

No wonder other countries didn't want Turkey in the EU. Clean up your act Turkey.