Scandanavians needed!

Fredrik from Norway   Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:46 pm GMT
So we need to register once more? I tried, but couldn't use my old password frpm the previous forum.
Guest   Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:09 pm GMT
>The "texas guy" can be the Swedish representant on that site. I think I prefer to stay here. Even if the security police gave a good advice. <

For me it's the other way round. Langcafé 100% thumbs up!
Sander   Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:52 pm GMT
=>I tried, but couldn't use my old password frpm the previous forum. <=

That's right. This is a new site, sadly the data from the previous forum were unable to be retrieved.
The Swede   Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:32 pm GMT
Have you started a Scandinavian forum yet?
Sander   Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:00 pm GMT
No, not yet, we still need an opening sentence like "Welcome to the scandanavian page" or something like that (in swedish/norwegian/danish)
Another Dutchman   Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:47 pm GMT
« in Swedish (we) have also "alena" but we don´t use it so much, we say "ensam". »

In Dutch , German and even English the words:
alleen / alein /alone and eenzaam /einsam /lonely have different meanings
You can be 'alena' and not 'ensam' or also 'ensam' and not 'alena'.
How about that in Swedish?
Fredrik from Norway   Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:26 am GMT
I just want to inform you that I will probably not join your Scandinavian forum as I am going to Germany on an exchange program in one week and then will be busy with German.
The Swede   Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:07 am GMT
Sorry, "allena" is the correct spelling of the word. Anyway.
Dutchman, I think we also in Swedish have had that situation you still have for example in Dutch, but people here in Sweden a time ago began to be careless about to distinguish the tow words, so now we have the situation we have. But you can translate "lonely" with other words than "ensam" you can say "enslig" and that word is not the same as alone, so we some more possibilities to translate the words.
Sander   Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:11 pm GMT
Sander   Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:19 pm GMT
And the current index, in need of "real" topics :-)

http://www.langcafe.net/index.php?f=17