George W Bush's accent

Uriel   Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:09 am GMT
<<we do not ride horses or cows to school or work >>

No, of course you don't -- that's us New Mexicans. You know, across the border where we don't speak English and you can't drink the water....
kappy   Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:22 am GMT
thats always fun. its retarded that people are making fun of bush's accent. what if i had one, which i do, and plus a million other people have one.
Guest   Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:25 pm GMT
>> No, of course you don't -- that's us New Mexicans. You know, across the border where we don't speak English and you can't drink the water.... <<

Really? The water in New Mexico is undrinkable?
Uriel   Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:58 pm GMT
That was called sarcasm. A dig at the fact that the state of New Mexico is often mistaken for the country of Mexico.
Guest   Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:17 pm GMT
"Does his accent remind people of where he comes from or should his accent be put under the label of Standard American?"

No...no!...NO! NO! NO!!

If you have never heard an American speak aside from Bush, PLEASE do not label the rest of our accents as the same as his! I, for one, sound NOTHING like him. I think I'd have to shoot myself if I did...
kappy   Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:48 am GMT
hey, don't be hatin' just b/c you don't have a sexy southern accent
Guest   Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:29 pm GMT
"hey, don't be hatin' just b/c you don't have a sexy southern accent"

It's got nothing to do with that, and everything to do with being compared to that idiotic "president". I take it insulting, really.
Guest   Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:27 am GMT
It's called the Dub'-U accent, and that's double-u for nucular.
Guest   Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:28 am GMT
Well, two U's anyway, so nUcUlar.
Uriel   Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:39 am GMT
Well, he's not the only one. I have a good friend from Oklahoma who says "nukyooler" too (we used to rag him about it all the time, poor guy -- he's probably switched to calling it "fission" in self-defense!). And he is a very intelligent man -- that's just his dialect coming out.
Guest   Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:22 am GMT
Yeah, and we pronounce clear "kyooler".
User   Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:35 am GMT
What's all the fuss with "nucular" anyway? It's a common pronunciation. Why does Bush get all the laughs, just because he says it that way? I say it that way, and I've lots of people here say it like that as well. We don't even have an accent.
Guest   Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:45 pm GMT
"What's all the fuss with "nucular" anyway? It's a common pronunciation. Why does Bush get all the laughs, just because he says it that way? I say it that way, and I've lots of people here say it like that as well. We don't even have an accent."

Because most people hate him.
Guest   Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:46 pm GMT
"We don't even have an accent."

Everyone has an accent. You just don't think you do because you're used to the way you talk.
User   Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:40 pm GMT
>> Because most people hate him.<<

yeah, right.