which one do you like the best?

ils   Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:45 am GMT
Which language out of English, Spanish, Russian, German or Chinese do you like the best? I personally love Russian, which I am trying to learn at the moment.

www.internetlanguageschool.en101.com
Seljuk   Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:28 am GMT
the best of all is Russian and no doubt that chinese is the worst of all, not only out of these but even also among the the other familiar languages on earth.
Guest   Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:46 pm GMT
I like German.
Priscian   Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:08 am GMT
Swedish as it is spoken in my own dialect is my favorite language. Yes, I realize this sound perhaps ethno- or egocentric, but it is simply because it lies within my comfort zone. However, my favorite school language and my language of life-long interest is Latin.

A fun language to study is Lao (Laotian), as it is spoken in our Vientiane neighborhood.
bjorn   Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:56 pm GMT
Icelandic
rick   Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:25 am GMT
of cource your mother tounge must be the best
Riadach   Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:02 pm GMT
Got to be Irish, i know it wasn't on the list, but i love the sounds, the expressions, the inherent cinicism, the history, the literature, the wit, even the complicated grammar. Plus, it resonates with me. P.S. not my native tongue, though ashamedly i am Irish. Was my life long ambition to become fluent, and think i'm there or there abouts.
Rick   Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:42 pm GMT
I like 'em all
guest   Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:19 am GMT
Riadach, what roots come the Irish from?
Riadach   Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:49 pm GMT
The language is celtic, sharing the same roots with welsh cornish breton but more closely with scots gaelic and manx, after all they only separated from eachother about 500 years ago in the literary standard, perhaps about 1000 in spoken speech.
guest   Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:34 am GMT
thanks Riadach
Libelle Reiher   Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:19 pm GMT
German of these choices. I can't choose English since it is my native language and I cannot be objective to how it sounds -- it is too familiar. I imagine that English must sound pretty good, since it is like a combination of my two favorite foreign languages, German and French.
vladimir   Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:33 pm GMT
definetely Russian
guest   Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:41 pm GMT
I agree vladimir
Guest   Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:58 pm GMT
I studied, in my life, as foreing languages,english, spanish, french and catalan...I speak a good spanish and I can understand almost everything in french and catalan but, anyway, I do not like romance languages because they don't sound good...in particoular italian! bleah!! what a stupid language....it's too easy! everyone can easly understend it, whatever is his/her own native language...
It doesn't mind if it is rich of history and culture (Dante, Petrarca, Ariosto, Manzoni, Leopardi, Florence, Venice, Rome, Federico II, Accademia della crusca and so on....)....every language has great artist and great poets in its histrory.....italian is, anyway, a very very stupid language, just because it's really too easy to learn and to understand it! I believe that a language which everyone (from Spain, England, Norway, Filland, Russia, China, Korea or everywhere in the world) can easly understand has not an identity, it's a stupid language!
I am from Faroe Islands and I am proud of beeing a Faroese and Danish speaker! Our language is very difficoult, and nobody can understand us (of course a danish or a swedish or, at least, a norvegian could understand something but anyway a not scandinavian speaker can not understend us: italian, instead, can be understood by everyone...there is only an advantage: an italian no needs an interpreter....They do not need an interpeter when they must tell something to someone else because, I repeat, everybody can absolutely understand what they're sayng, but they need an interpeter when someone talk to them, because italian speaker are not able to understand other language (if they did not study it, before ....except something in spanish or portuguese, but not so much) ....I repeat: italian is a too stupid language!!! Of course I hate Italian language, but not italian people...it's not their foult!!!