The most difficult Indoeuropean languages...

Alba   Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:30 pm GMT
you're 98 years old and live in Alaska, btw you dont need the "el" in front of "espagnol" its obvious you dont really speak all those languages, you just know a few words ROFL.
Mrs Magoo   Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:39 pm GMT
Darn, and I thought I was so convincing. Twas just a little joke. The only ones I speak are English and German. I did do a bit of Spanish ages ago, but that was about the extent of what I could remember. I'm sure we were taught to say 'Hablo EL Espanol' though.
Alba   Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:06 pm GMT
hahaha...no its Habla Espagnol with a silent G lol...but I still speak more languges than you--perfect English, perfect Albanian, Italian, and some Spanish and I took French in hs, lol. be jealous, haha im kidding. :]
Alba   Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:09 pm GMT
oops never mind..heres the correct spelling "Habla Español"
Mrs Magoo   Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:13 pm GMT
Very good, I am indeed very jealous. How come you speak Albanian? Is it your native language?
Alba   Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:18 pm GMT
lol yea its my native language
Mrs Magoo   Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:40 pm GMT
But I do believe if one is talking about oneself speaking Spanish, then it is "Hablo Español" and not 'Habla'. That's the third person form, isn't it, or is it the polite second person?

So now, I must ask you to demonstrate some Albanian :)
Alba   Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:39 pm GMT
oo cool I was kind of hoping you spoke Italian cause I need to practise that more, lol. But here's some Albanian:

Si je?-How are you?
Mrs Magoo   Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:52 pm GMT
Well, I was looking up about Albanian on Wikipedia and I see that it is indeed a rather complex language. Although German has four cases, at least these rarely affect the form of the noun, whereas I see in Albanian it is the change in the noun which shows the case :O Are the noun forms quite regular or not?

I'm afraid I don't speak any Italian whatsoever. Have you tried Unilang (www.unilang.org)? There's a whole section dedicated to Italian on there :)
Alba   Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:07 pm GMT
Yea...it depends where from Albania you're from...North has Geg dialect, South has Tosk both understandable to natives. Maco Albos have an accent too, I think its Geg but the Kosovar Albanians have the most thickest, and nearly incomprehensable dialect lol...even to other Albanians(unless you're from the North). Standard Albanian is easier tho and not entirely impossible to learn...some Americans in the American embassy in Tirana spoke Albanian lol....and yea I dont speak Italian as fluently as when I was 11...once I came to America I had to learn English so I kind of forgot some of it, but can still speak and read/write it well
Franco   Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:06 pm GMT
Mrs Magoo, déjame corregirte un poco:

Tu madre tiene 98 años, vive en Alaska y habla el español mejor que tu.
a.p.a.m.   Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:31 pm GMT
Franco American spaghetti and meatballs psychologist, philosopher, and total shithead.
Franco   Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:55 pm GMT
What does a.p.a.m stand for?
a.p.a.m.   Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:20 pm GMT
"What does a.p.a.m. stand for?" That's for me to know, and for you to find out. I GOT THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Franco   Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:30 am GMT
I do not understand on what you can base such an assumption as I GOT THE POWER!! What power have you got? It seems to me that you are just trying to exagerate your own importance through the use of meaningless slogans as a bid to cover up your own sensce of ill-at -ease. I hope that the future will be kind to you and help you through this difficult time in your life. We all must face trials and tribulations and we all must overcome them, otherwise we can always commit suicide, although some may deem such a course of action to be escapism, something not recommended in todays harsh and hypocritical society.

Well, I do allow myself to say that I am disappointed not to know the meaning of a name you entitled to yourself, as I was counting on knowing it so I could tell "a little secret" to my son on his birthday. He always enjoys such things but this time he may be sad and could even cry before goes to bed. Please, tell me for the sake of my son.

I wish you the best in your journey of self-discovery.