Bimbo

Liz   Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:41 pm GMT
Franco,
I´d be much obliged to you if you were so kind as to SHUT UP.

Leave Victoria alone, okay?

Or are you so bored that you can´t find a sensible activity for yourself, eh?
Franco   Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:31 am GMT
Well, I would like to find a sensible activity to do, but my wife is out right now.
Damian in Edinburgh   Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:22 pm GMT
Generally speaking a bimbo is normally a girl who is physically attractive and plays on that big time as it is practically her sole asset - she has nothing else going for her in the way of intellect, education or worthwhile personality. Another word for a bimbo would be an airhead.
Liz   Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:47 pm GMT
<<Well, I would like to find a sensible activity to do, but my wife is out right now.>>

LOL! Please, don´t...
You see, dear? Your wife don´t find you sensible enough to go out with. Probably you have to reconsider your marriage! ;-) :-)) :-)
Franco   Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:35 am GMT
<<Your wife don´t find you sensible enough to go out with.>>

Alas I believe you are correct. Fortunately for my sake, my wife is subservient to me, so there is nothing to be worried about!
Liz   Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:17 pm GMT
<<Your wife don´t find you sensible enough to go out with.>>

That should be "doesn´t". My English isn´t as good as it should be. :-)
However, in this case "don´t" is supposed to indicate "regurality", but it is still nonstandard usage. What a prescriptivist I am! :-)

Franco,
if we carry on discussing your private life, our posts will surely be deleted! I´m glad that everything is okay with your wife, though. :-)
Liz   Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:32 pm GMT
And I do hope you don´t call her a bimbo...I mean your wife...
Sarcastic Californian   Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:30 pm GMT
<<<<<And I do hope you don´t call her a bimbo...I mean your wife... >>>>>

I wouldn't doubt he does. After all, he did say that he "treats women below what he treats bad things".
Liz   Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:46 pm GMT
<<I wouldn't doubt he does. After all, he did say that he "treats women below what he treats bad things".>>

Right you are. That´s why I said that. Sarcasm is not your privilege only. :-)
Guest   Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:56 pm GMT
Ok girls. It is time for cooking and washing your dirty dishes at kitchen...not for a chit-chat!
Liz   Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:28 pm GMT
<<Ok girls. It is time for cooking and washing your dirty dishes at kitchen...not for a chit-chat!>>

Don´t fret. I´ve just done it. :-)
Having read your comment, I arrived at the conclusion that you are a man...
No offence to men, though. :-)
Sarcaqstic Californian   Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:44 pm GMT
<<<<<
<<Ok girls. It is time for cooking and washing your dirty dishes at kitchen...not for a chit-chat!>>

Don´t fret. I´ve just done it. :-)
Having read your comment, I arrived at the conclusion that you are a man...
No offence to men, though. :-)>>>>>

Either it's a woman being sarcasic, or a sexist man being a dick. Hell, it's probably Franco himself...
Liz   Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:18 pm GMT
<<Either it's a woman being sarcasic, or a sexist man being a dick. Hell, it's probably Franco himself...>>

Which one? The second comment was mine. I hope you think of Guest´s comment. Yeah, that´s probably Franco. Probably not...he is so proud of his rudeness that he wouldn´t forget his name...
Guest   Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:32 pm GMT
In italian bimbo simply means little child (baby): for explample: che grazioso bimbo! (= what a sweet baby!)...of course pronunciation is different than english
Sarcastic Califoranian   Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:21 pm GMT
<<<<<Which one? The second comment was mine. I hope you think of Guest´s comment. Yeah, that´s probably Franco. Probably not...he is so proud of his rudeness that he wouldn´t forget his name... >>>>>

Yeah, I was talking about the statement previous to yours. Sorry.