HOW TO SAY THIS?

Jijia   Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:13 am GMT
1) I want to make some documentaries/files on my computer via the word 2000. Does this sentence sound right to you? or how would you put this sentence in a formal way?

2) My client has asked a TEN PER CENT discount of the quotation.
How should reply to him? Can I say: the original quotation is really on our bottom lines and mostly we cannot benefit from our original quotation. I think we need further communication on the quotation issues.
Does it sound good or can it be a good sentence to make my client change his TEN PER CENT discount?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Normally, the business man should be very smart, even shrewd. Their words or sentences could change the world.

BEST REGARDS.
Uriel   Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:13 am GMT
1) I want to make some documentaries/files on my computer via the word 2000. Does this sentence sound right to you? or how would you put this sentence in a formal way?

Try "using Word 2000" or "with Word 2000" instead of "via". Drop the "the" and capitalize "Word". (I assume you mean the Microsoft program. Otherwise your sentence wouldn't make sense.)

2) My client has asked a TEN PER CENT discount of the quotation.
How should reply to him? Can I say: the original quotation is really on our bottom lines and mostly we cannot benefit from our original quotation. I think we need further communication on the quotation issues.
Does it sound good or can it be a good sentence to make my client change his TEN PER CENT discount?

I would say something more like "My client has asked for a ten percent discount on the original quote."

I would reply with something like: "The original quote is really our bottom line; we don't even stand to profit on it."

(That last part could be worded many ways -- at cost, under profit margin, at the break-even point, without our usual mark-up, etc.
Jon   Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:01 pm GMT
I like this informal notes just like this question and the answer. so I should say thank you two Jijia and Uriel. I can honestly say I can get something from your questions and answers.
Jon   Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:38 pm GMT
What have you get from the questions and answers?
Thank you!