English; surely the most Daedalian of all languages?

Adam   Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:55 pm GMT
Never have I encountered such a complex, intricate and indeed byzantine language as this. Surely it must be the most difficult language in the world to truly master?
12OI   Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:02 pm GMT
"Never have I encountered such a complex, intricate and indeed byzantine language as this. Surely it must be the most difficult language in the world to truly master?"

Don't flatter yourself. There are any number of "complex, intricate and indeed byzantine" languages.

And how difficult a language (any language) is to master is an entirely relative judgment.
Daisy   Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:42 pm GMT
Oh I agree, it is without doubt the most complex and labyrinth like of all languages and especially much more so than Hungarian.
Liz   Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:52 pm GMT
Oh no, Hungarian is much more difficult in many respects. Let´s just consider the grammar.
greg   Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:40 am GMT
Adam : « Never have I ☼encountered☼ such a ☼complex☼, ☼intricate☼ and indeed ☼byzantine☼ ☼language☼ as this. ☼Surely☼ it must be the most ☼difficult☼ ☼language☼ in the world to truly ☼master☼? ».

Non, pas vraiment. Vois-tu, pour nous c'est assez simple...
Skippy   Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:26 am GMT
Uhm, Adam, your English is really good... What makes English so complicated? I'd say Hungarian is way more complicated... Even German...
Eric   Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:48 pm GMT
Shame on you Adam, for you have not listed *all* the synonyms of "complex" and thus failed to be so perfectly redundant, repetitious and indeed pleonastic.