suit and fit

leena   Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:10 am GMT
hi'alll
what is exactly the difference between the two verbs:
to suit
to fit
how can they be used?
Guest   Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:23 am GMT
They are interchangeable. They are pretty much used for the same purpose.

1.Wearing skimpy clothes suit/fit my personality very well as I am a slut by profession.

2. Having 4 wives and 30 children will suit/fit me very well as I am an arab who has a lot of free time and money. To the rest of the worlld, envy me!

3. American girls are normlly bored of having relationships with American boys so for a change having them with foreign males will fit/suit them the most.
Pos   Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:31 am GMT
<3. American girls are normlly bored of having relationships with American boys so for a change having them with foreign males will fit/suit them the most. >

The use of "fit" doesn't fit there, IMO?
Pos   Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:32 am GMT
<2. Having 4 wives and 30 children will suit/fit me very well as I am an arab who has a lot of free time and money. To the rest of the worlld, envy me!>

There too. Not good use of "fit".
Guest   Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:41 am GMT
Pos, suggest your own examples with these two words.
leena   Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:35 am GMT
Having 4 wives and 30 children will suit/fit me very well as I am an arab who has a lot of free time and money. To the rest of the worlld, envy me

this is unfair.. what free time and what money.. I'm arabic if u do not know..u gotta change this idea abt arabs coz they are like you they work and have a normal free time and there are all kinds of classes from high to low class which means not all of them have money. By the way, not all of them have 4 wives coz the majority prefer the idea of one good wife.
leena   Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:52 am GMT
thanx guest and pos for your posts
Guest   Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:10 am GMT
leena... i was being funny there. Having and maintaning one wife is too much...never mind 4 wives.
M56   Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:51 am GMT
<Having and maintaning one wife is too much...never mind 4 wives. >

Do you come from a culture where wives are still maintained by their husbands?
Guest   Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:59 am GMT
yup, whats wrong with that?