What is so similar between the UK and France ?

boy from Atlanta   Fri May 18, 2007 9:01 am GMT
"What is so similar between the UK and France?"

--->Nothing.
Guest   Fri May 18, 2007 9:08 am GMT
American Idioties
french from Marseille   Fri May 18, 2007 12:02 pm GMT
"What is so similar between the UK and France?"

--->Nothing.
Guest   Fri May 18, 2007 12:04 pm GMT
I love you!
french from Marseille   Fri May 18, 2007 12:09 pm GMT
i don't love you.
french from Marseille   Mon May 21, 2007 9:56 am GMT
I did not ask you to love me. Sometimes telling the truth hurts some people. It seems to be your case. But i am sorry and as i said, for knowing very France (my mother is french), and worked many years in UK. England and France do not share anyting in common, it is 2 different cultures, societies...ruled by different ideas.
Guest   Mon May 21, 2007 12:46 pm GMT
They are both idiots
Guest   Mon May 21, 2007 4:51 pm GMT
A Martian, stepping from his spacecraft, would scarcely be able to distinguish between two countries of 60.5m (Britain) and 60.4m (France), with GDPs of $1,927 billion (Britain) and $1,911 billion (France), where life expectancy is almost the same and the average age of first sexual intercourse is 16 years, 6 months (in France) and 16 years, 7 months (in Britain). In terms of the numbers of murders, cigarettes smoked per capita, Olympic gold medals won since 1896 and foreign aid given, France and Britain rank alongside each other in the international listings. For all that both countries adore emphasising their differences, they are, in fact, eerily alike, at least to the outside world.

- Andrew Roberts, reviewing "That Sweet Enemy", "The Times"
Clovis   Mon May 21, 2007 4:55 pm GMT
There are 63,4m inhabitants in France ! ;-)
A-S   Mon May 21, 2007 5:00 pm GMT
<<There are 63,4m inhabitants in France ! ;-) >>

Précisément 64,1 millions en 2007 au total... faudrait revoir un peu les données Anglo-saxonnes.
---------------------
Exactly 64,1 million inhabitants in 2007 all in all...
You would need to revise a little the Anglo-Saxon datas.
Guest   Mon May 21, 2007 6:06 pm GMT
It's a little outdated, but my guess is that they were using the figures for Metropolitan France. If you want to use more recent population statistics, France has 61.5m people in Metropolitan France, and the United Kingdom has 60.7m.
Guest   Mon May 21, 2007 6:52 pm GMT
You forgot to say France is 544.000 KM2 and UK 244.ooo Km2.
They speak two different languages, they hated each other for the entire European history with endeless wars, they have a completely different way of life, climate etc.
SO close.
Pauline   Mon May 21, 2007 6:58 pm GMT
I find that britain and France are similar. i live in Belgium, nearby France, and I have been in Ireland and London: I found those countries very similar with Wallonie (where I live).

Of course there're some differences, but few and little in comparaison wiht other countries amd continents
Guest   Mon May 21, 2007 7:42 pm GMT
Pauline, living in Belgium, do you get the impression that Flanders and Wallonia are going to split up any time soon? If so, will Wallonia become a part of France, or remain independent? Will Flanders join the Netherlands, or become independent? And what will happen to Brussels? Maybe turn into a federal city and capital of the EU?
guest   Mon May 21, 2007 7:48 pm GMT
Yeah. And which one is going to win the Eurosong contest?