Galego   Tue May 15, 2007 10:02 pm GMT
"Galego likes Sergios' arse"

GFY
Guest   Tue May 15, 2007 10:26 pm GMT
Úpame la ega júto...
Sergio   Tue May 15, 2007 10:43 pm GMT
Hi furrykef,

>Hubieran" is incorrect...
Sorry, I didn't read your post when answering to Manolo. I was repeating the same thing.

>I'll have to look over my grammar book again to see if there might be another reason why "hubiera" might be used instead of "habría", but my instinct is still to use "habría"...
In a conditional clause, the subordinate with "if" is always conjugated with subjunctive, and the other one with conditional: Si tuviera dinero, lo compraría.

Nonetheless, in the sentence of this thread, there is no "if" at all, and therefore either "habría" (to mean that there actually are pyramids) or "hubiese/hubiera habido" (to mean that there were pyramids, even if not anymore)
Galego   Tue May 15, 2007 11:03 pm GMT
Guest, por mucho que lo intentes no consigues disimular que eres un catalán semi-analfabeto. Búscate otro foro mejor para hacer el tonto.
elbarto   Thu May 17, 2007 1:21 am GMT
Lol, I speak Spanish, and I don't know with one is right, they both sound correct to me, though some times I'd use one and some times the other, for example.

*Si hubiera copiado, no habria fallado el examen = If I would've cheated, I would've not failed the exam. (literally)

*Me hubieras dicho para que no lo hiciera hecho = You should've told me so I would've not done it. (literally)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMING BACK TO YOUR QUESTION
Sin faraones no habría pirámides = Without Pharaons there would not be pyramids.

Sin faraones no hubiera pirámides - Without Pharaons there would not be pyramids
EXTRAS
Sin faraones no habrá piramides = Without Pharaons there will not be pyramids
Guest   Thu May 17, 2007 1:24 am GMT
<<Lol, I speak Spanish, and I don't know with one is right, they both sound correct to me, though some times I'd use one and some times the other, for example.>>

What a stupid language, Spanish has no grammar rules!
elbarto   Thu May 17, 2007 1:27 am GMT
hahaha, coming from an english speaker, i dont really give a shit about you think
elbarto   Thu May 17, 2007 1:29 am GMT
'bout what u think
Guest   Thu May 17, 2007 1:43 am GMT
Well you should, English makes the world go around!

Dumb Spaniards! Get some grammar rules!
elbarto   Thu May 17, 2007 1:56 am GMT
This is just the most ridiculous thing ever, you an English-speaking retard is telling me to get some grammar rules... unbelievable

Kids these days....
Guest   Thu May 17, 2007 1:59 am GMT
<<This is just the most ridiculous thing ever, you an English-speaking retard is telling me to get some grammar rules... unbelievable

Kids these days....>>

Yes, it's ridiculous that you would try to argue. You, a Spanish-speaking dumbass is telling the rest of us to get some grammar rules...unbelievable!

Spics these days!
elbarto   Thu May 17, 2007 2:00 am GMT
I'm sorry, you are correct, good sir. English is superior to Spanish. Everyone should learn the world's international language.
elbarto   Thu May 17, 2007 2:11 am GMT
REAL BARTO: please stop trying to emulate my name; I would never say shit like that.

At least have the decency to sign your comments.
Oh, I’m sorry maybe you don’t know how to spell your name, ok don’t worry about it buddy.

Yanks these days.
Guest   Thu May 17, 2007 3:11 am GMT
If the crazy Hispanohiles won't sign their names, why should anyone else?