Foreigners ruining English?

Lona   Fri May 18, 2007 5:21 pm GMT
''English has much status but it lacks 'quality' because so many foreigners speak it and degrade it''

this is true: two mens; more nice; look at the clouds, it will rain

(instead of: two men; nicer; look at the clouds, it's going to rain)
furrykef   Fri May 18, 2007 9:39 pm GMT
What's wrong with "It will rain"?

And I'm still not convinced that foreigners are having a profound negative impact on how English is spoken, let alone that any "degradation" is taking place.

- Kef
Guest   Sat May 19, 2007 12:05 am GMT
Can it be more degraded? How can people degrade a thing which is already degraded?
Guest   Sat May 19, 2007 3:29 am GMT
By degrees of degradation.
furrykef   Sat May 19, 2007 4:06 am GMT
I still maintain that there is no such thing as a "degraded" language. Language is language, period.
Guest   Sat May 19, 2007 4:10 am GMT
Go ahead and use motherucker, shit, cunt, fucker after every other second sentence!
Franco   Sat May 19, 2007 4:35 am GMT
I MEAN THAT ITS STATUS AND REKNOWN WORLDWIDE IS NOT BECAUSE OF ANY CULTURAL REASON BUT BECAUSE IT IS FOR A GOOD JOB! THAT IS< LEARNING ENGLISH IS A CHORE LIKE SHITTING IS A CHORE FOR MOST PEOPLE> THERES NO CULTURAL SIGNIFICANCE WITH IT.
Mentally Challenged   Sat May 19, 2007 8:25 am GMT
Damn "foriners" comin over 'ere buildin nice 'ouses for us and learnin us how to speak proper. Who do they fink they are?. Anyhow, Im going out for a pint of Stella and a curry -a propa English meal none of that forin muck.
Miguel de Cerveza   Sat May 19, 2007 11:14 am GMT
Developed, English speaking nations are, right now, under attack and are being invaded by Spanish speaking third world trash who have no appreciation for civilization, nor do they appreciate the English language ,and culture of sophisticated English speaking countries. Such people are vermin and must be transported back to the third world, Spanish speaking hell holes from whence they came.
Guest   Sat May 19, 2007 12:37 pm GMT
15 penises crawling through a hole of western woman makes your culture a truly great. Nope. We dont need to invade it with our third world trash- it is already very trash. Keep this type of sophistication to yourself. We dont need this.
Guest   Sat May 19, 2007 2:40 pm GMT
Developed, English speaking nations....sophisticated English speaking countries???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

BUAHAHAHAHA A HAHAHHAHAHA AHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

English speaking nations are the worst sewer in teh entire planet!!!!
Populated by the worst racist dumb and disgusting coarse killers on Earth in that crap-post is the lighting proof.
Truly, nobody can see an english speaking country as "developed" and even less "sophisticated"!!! Only these two words togheter make me laugh till crying
English is a crap language for crap countries
The Sophisticated   Sat May 19, 2007 2:43 pm GMT
If those people live in Spanish speaking hell holes why have they to come in English speaking hell holes third world populated by worst vermin?
It make no sense.
The classy   Sat May 19, 2007 3:22 pm GMT
Fortunately English people speakers cannot ruin any language because they don't know one! Probably they are too dumb to learn a language, a job too much heavy for their brains, but they are so well successful in vomiting racist slurs and idiot stereotypes. YES! English speakers are so narrow minded and paranoic towards other people: idiot setereotypes and English speaking countries are an inseparable couple!
I cannot be snobbish when it comes to English, I'm too classy
Guest   Sat May 19, 2007 4:21 pm GMT
Me too, I cannot avoid to be snobbish when it comes to English. Frankly I cannot think of anything bautiful related to those countries
Guest   Sat May 19, 2007 5:18 pm GMT
If English-speaking countries are so horrible, why are millions of illegals crossing the border?