What is your first language?

Guest   Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:13 pm GMT
Ya que ese término es sobre todo fomentado en Cataluña por parte de radicales nacionalistas, mientras que en Valencia lo toman con mucho recelo, para generar confianza y dado que Catalán y Valenciano ellos dicen que es lo mismo, deberían aceptar "países de habla Valenciana".
Ian   Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:31 am GMT
<< "países de habla Valenciana". >>

El que voldria saber és com es diria en valencià.
JLK   Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:35 am GMT
My native tongue is English. I'm from the U.K but I live in America.
Larissa   Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:57 am GMT
"I'm from the U.K but I live in America." from the US you mean? and what about your accent, is it American or British?
K. T.   Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:12 am GMT
Larissa, he means that he is from the United Kingdom (UK), but that he now lives in the US.
JLK   Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:44 pm GMT
I forgot to add some more linguistic back ground. I can speak French quite well, but I'm still studying it. I've just started studying German. One day I hope to be completely fluent in French, German, Spanish and Russian. With the exception of Spanish, all these language interest me due the sheer amount and quality of literature available in them. Spanish has many assets but quality literature isn't one of them.
Calliope   Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:55 pm GMT
Greece/Greek.
JLK   Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:23 pm GMT
Dammit! Will you stop using my name!!!
I'm just gonna change my nick now.
JLK   Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:18 pm GMT
Neither of the posts above were mine.

Impostor: You make me laugh out loud sometimes. You do such a poor job of imitating my writing style.

First of all, you should have placed a question mark at the end of the 2nd sentence.

Secondly, when have I ever used the word 'gonna'? You are far too uncouth to impersonate me. Please, walk away while you have some dignity. Soon, the whole forum will be laughing at you. Hehehehe....
Guest   Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:19 pm GMT
Let me know your new nickname.
Larissa   Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:23 pm GMT
" Larissa, he means that he is from the United Kingdom (UK), but that he now lives in the US". Ok but what is your accent like?
See you
JLK   Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:03 pm GMT
Larissa: I have an English accent.
Guest   Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:42 pm GMT
English accent? That does not exist. A Yorker has different accent than a Londoner.
JLK   Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:26 am GMT
Yes, there are many many English accents, but there is a standard such as the English spoken on the BBC and in Oxford. Everyone in the U.K strives to speak like that. I was born and raised in London in an upper class family, so that is how I speak.
Guest   Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:30 am GMT
I prefer low class Yorker accent, more authentic.