Another at guessing my accent

Some Guy   Fri May 25, 2007 6:53 am GMT
Most people get my accent wrong. >_< Can anyone guess?

http://www.putfile.com/organizemedia?ulvid=1
Some Guy   Fri May 25, 2007 6:54 am GMT
There's supposed to be a "go" between "another" and "go" in the title. :/
Some Guy   Fri May 25, 2007 6:56 am GMT
Bulldog123   Fri May 25, 2007 11:03 am GMT
You started off sounding like you were from downunder and then switched to the Northen American region, you spent anytime, been influenced by either.
Some Guy   Sun May 27, 2007 9:33 am GMT
You're not the first one to think I'm from Australia/New Zealand. O_o I don't hear that accent in my voice, however. But yeah, I live in North America. I don't know if anyone can pin down my nationality though.
Guest   Sun May 27, 2007 10:28 am GMT
Canadian from a small town... you sound very nasally. Originally from New York city?
Bulldog123   Sun May 27, 2007 11:04 am GMT
I didn't say you were from either, just there seems to be a characteristic of both i.e. I was being cagey; as I said have you spent any time, been influenced by either.

In my case I often (I'm English) get mistaken for being from over the border scotland or wales, as I have a very broad accent unlike the habitants around me, have celtic parents and a celtic surname, so this mistake whilst unfortunate seems reasonable.

I've also heard anecdotal evidence of American's picking up British pronunciations and spellings from watching too much BBC America.
Just was wondering whether you could be in the same boat.
Jasper   Sun May 27, 2007 5:52 pm GMT
Funny you should mention BBCAmerica; I watch it on a regular basis, partly to hear the "accents"

I'm especially fond of the RP that Hugh Fraser speaks on the Poirot series. Miss Lemon has a nice RP, too.

As for picking up these accents? I wish that were true. Sadly, though, that idea seems to be false.
AnnieJP   Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:09 am GMT
Yes, I'm Canadian. What gave it away?

No, I've never been to New York.
Kess   Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:37 am GMT
I can say you're not from the West (US) or Canada :)
AnnieJP   Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:30 am GMT
How's that? :P
Soupi   Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:46 am GMT
Are "Some Guy" and "AnnieJP" the same person? Why did he change his nickname all of a sudden?
Soupi   Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:47 am GMT
Anyway, are you speaking French in the beginning of the clip?
AnnieJP   Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:05 am GMT
Yeah, I'm Some Guy. I just wanted to be anonymous in my first post.

And no, I don't speak French.
Another guy   Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:54 pm GMT
You sound very anally, are you from Ottawa?.