Future of Spanish in the United States/Some Clarifications

Guest   Fri May 25, 2007 11:46 pm GMT
<<I like americans, black americans have big dicks!>>

Your mom has a big dick.
Guest   Sat May 26, 2007 12:11 am GMT
<<Il est vrai qu'Al-Qaïda n'est pas un pays et que Ben Laden n'est pas chef d'État.>>

That's a threat that exists to all Western countries, not just America.
Guest   Sat May 26, 2007 4:19 am GMT
<< China is on its way towards World domination. 85% or more of products within of America come directly or indirectly from China. China owns you already (financially) and later they'll own you politically and militarily. Word of advice. They're just around the corner. >>

You're very wrong. The products that are being exported to the world by China are just assembled in that country using the expertise and technology of multinational companies coming mostly from the west.

You're just overwestimating China. Its 30 years technologically behind than most advanced Western countries.

If it happens that those foreign investments pull out from China and transfer from somewhere else then the economy of China woul suddenly collapse.
Guest   Sat May 26, 2007 11:07 am GMT
<<To tell the truth there are rumours with some evidence Einstein stoled the physics studies from another Euroipean scientist>>

No I didn't you Moron. Whhy would I need steal other scientists ideas when I am so great myself?

Becuase probably you are a dickhead
greg   Sun May 27, 2007 8:37 am GMT
<<Il est vrai qu'Al-Qaïda n'est pas un pays et que Ben Laden n'est pas chef d'État.>>

Guest : « That's a threat that exists to all Western countries, not just America. »

Donc ça concerne les États-Unis, pour répondre à la remarque de la page précédente.
Miguel de Cerveza   Sun May 27, 2007 2:14 pm GMT
<<By the way, do you work sometimes, or are you always in front of a computer jerking off??>> Jerking off? NO senor, yo no soy un pajero como usted. Creo que usted es un pajero, y tambien, yo pienso que usted es un maricon, y un gran perdido. See, this Yankee can speak some Espanol as well. And, by the way, I do work. I probably work more than you and your entire family COMBINED. So there. And in addition to that, calling me a "Yankee" is a compliment. It's better to be a yankee than to be a third world piece of mierda like you.
Guest   Sun May 27, 2007 8:16 pm GMT
you are a retarded third world piece of mierda and very big and stinky too
bye filthy drunked yankee, go to work SOMETIMES
Guest   Sun May 27, 2007 9:03 pm GMT
Fuck you filthy Spick. Why don't you spicks take a bath. You smell like dogshit.
biotinlies   Tue May 29, 2007 1:54 am GMT
Reality: there IS a definite backlash that maligns the hispanics, because of George Bush. (Is GWB going to serve the next term as Mexican President?)

His favoritivism has caused a lot of remorse towards the Illegal Immigration situation. Until the rest of the public can bring GWB to justice, the nation will not succumb to any compromise. If you think that Spanish (language) will fluorish here, then, you best know the actual powers that be. The United States attacked Spain in the last century. They are not a favored culture. You are not one of "them". Bottomline: Spain was not considered a "European Country" by White Europeans.
Guest   Tue May 29, 2007 2:57 am GMT
>>Donc ça concerne les États-Unis, pour répondre à la remarque de la page précédente.<<

C'est ça. Les États-Unis d'Europe.
Guest   Tue May 29, 2007 10:58 am GMT
Fuck you and your mother filthy retarded yankee. Why don't you yankees take a bath and clean your filthy houses sometimes? You smell like a cesspool.
Guest   Tue May 29, 2007 11:52 am GMT
I think Spanish will go beyond English in some US States and this is good: I don't have to learn English if I'll go to US on holiday
ken   Tue May 29, 2007 4:19 pm GMT
Just a bit of history: why spanish will never disappear from USA. Dismantling Myths
Spain’s centuries-long hold on its coveted New World Empire, after all, hinged fundamentally on its capacity to protect it from competitors. Furthermore, the Spanish cultural sphere that is conventionally associated with South and Central America and the Caribbean today, was a direct product of Spain’s military capabilities—or lack thereof—in forging a coherent naval and land-based defense for the vast landmasses of the Western Hemisphere. Newspapers and newsmagazines of our modern day and age in 2003 and 2004 marvel at the rapid Hispanic demographic and cultural expansion in the United States over the past two decades, but the roots of this phenomenon date back to the latter decades of the 1500s. The Hispanic efflorescence of recent years is predominantly a product of immigration, of course, with strong economic tugs pulling in workers and families from south of the border. Yet the culture of these immigrants could have easily been far different from what it is today. Most of these newcomers are identified as “Latino” or “Hispanic” precisely because of the common thread of the Spanish language and culture, and as we’ve seen above, Spain’s cultural influence on these regions could have easily been nipped in the bud, with Spanish viceroys and missionaries evicted from much of what is now Latin America had there been a slightly different result in 1589. Philip II could not have defended Spain’s fledgling and sprawling overseas empire in the aftermath of a navy destroyed by Francis Drake’s forces....
The next time you encounter another newspaper article heralding the almost inexplicably fast rise of Hispanic culture and the rapid movement of Hispanic peoples into the US, think back to the 1500s and recall that this cultural colossus, with a common mooring in the culture of Spain, could have easily been cut down to size by a few changes in the execution of a battle plan by some deservedly famous English soldiers in 1589. The expedition by Drake and Norris in that year is probably an event you’ve never encountered until now, but the decisions made and battles encountered by that invasion force would exert a tremendous impact on the unfolding of events both in Europe and the Americas. Its effects can be seen every day you stroll by one of those seemingly ubiquitous “Se habla español” signs in the window of a local shop.

You can continue reading the whole history here:
http://wesulm.bravehost.com/history/eng_armada.htm

and Remember I don't like empires. I hate war .I hate domination. But we are product of our history. Let's learn from it.
Now it's up to you.
Guest   Tue May 29, 2007 5:07 pm GMT
<Fuck you and your mother filthy retarded yankee. Why don't you yankees take a bath and clean your filthy houses sometimes? You smell like a cesspool.>

Americans are the cleanest people in the world. If you're not from here, odds are strong that you're the one who needs to take a bath and that's what you're smelling.

<I think Spanish will go beyond English in some US States and this is good: I don't have to learn English if I'll go to US on holiday>

It will never happen. If you visit America and you don't know English, you'll be in trouble. English is the official language of 29 U.S. states, and the de facto language of arts, commerce, government, business, and everything else. You'll be shit out of luck if you don't know the language of the locals.

<Just a bit of history: why spanish will never disappear from USA. Dismantling Myths>

Ken, I read your article, and it's full of shit. The United States is an Anglo-Saxon country, based on Anglo-Saxon values, speaking English. Just because a few lazy and stubborn individuals in the Southwest can't get over the fact that their peoples have lost several wars to the United States, it won't change that fact. You guys will lose another war before the United States takes Spanish as an official language. You come to our country, you learn our language. Otherwise, go home. It's that simple.
Guest   Tue May 29, 2007 5:52 pm GMT
The United States is an Anglo-Saxon country, based on Anglo-Saxon values, speaking English

"Anglo-saxon" means NOTHING, anglo-saxon countries DON'T exist!!
Even England is not an Anglo-saxon country anymore.
Nobody in the world look at US as "anglo saxon" it's a joke!!
How can US be english oriented if you have people of ALL the world it's a mistery!
The first 13 colonies were something "english" due to the big english immigration (poor, illiterated and not desired by the locals....they remind me other people you despise today, uh?), not the US of today for sure.
Mybe they are "European" based but not "english based", english immigrants were the SAME of millions of other later immigrants. Stop.