Future of Spanish in the United States/Some Clarifications

Presidente Bush   Tue May 29, 2007 6:27 pm GMT
Calma!!!! Señores Mex-Americanos!!!

Yo hablo un poco español, pero el proximo Presidente hablará español perfecto.

Un saludo a todos!!!!
guest   Tue May 29, 2007 6:51 pm GMT
<< China is on its way towards World domination. 85% or more of products within of America come directly or indirectly from China. China owns you already (financially) and later they'll own you politically and militarily. Word of advice. They're just around the corner. >>

Be careful what you wish for -- life in a Chinese-dominated world might be pretty unpleasant, if you're not Chinese.
Guest   Tue May 29, 2007 7:00 pm GMT
" Nobody in the world look at US as "anglo saxon" it's a joke!! "

allt the world see the US as an (should we say "THE") anglo-saxon country, except American and the other Anglo-saxon peoples themselves.
Hispanic Fanatic   Tue May 29, 2007 7:40 pm GMT
There is no prestige attached to speaking Spanish, it's not a chic language. No one aspires to speak perfect Spanish, the only ones who do were born into it.

Like Barry Farber said, "No matter your other language achievement, you will be judged by your French."
Guest   Tue May 29, 2007 7:45 pm GMT
<"Anglo-saxon" means NOTHING, anglo-saxon countries DON'T exist!!>

The Anglosphere is alive and well. These are English-speaking countries and societies based on the laws and principles of established by Anglo-Saxons.

Nobody in the world look at US as "anglo saxon" it's a joke!!

<How can US be english oriented if you have people of ALL the world it's a mistery!>

It's what our society was built upon.

<The first 13 colonies were something "english" due to the big english immigration (poor, illiterated and not desired by the locals....they remind me other people you despise today, uh?), not the US of today for sure.>

What a dumb assessment. The English people that came to America were a diverse group, many of them very smart, and all hard-working. They couldn't have been that bad, after all they layed the seeds for the most powerful country in the history of the world.

<Mybe they are "European" based but not "english based", english immigrants were the SAME of millions of other later immigrants. Stop.>

Yep, and the Hispanic immigrants these days are the only ones who aren't assimilating like the immigrants before them.
Guest   Tue May 29, 2007 8:03 pm GMT
The Hispanic immigrants these days are the only ones who aren't assimilating because no white person in his or her right mind wants to marry down and choose an inferior person as a mate. The only people who want to marry Hispanics are other Hispanics and that's about it. A white person doesn't want to be seen in public with filthy spick. It would raise eyebrows. People would talk.
ken   Tue May 29, 2007 8:06 pm GMT
Remember the Maine! to hell with spain. I know what you did last century:
Between 1898 and 1946 there was a very important cultural breaking: the one that united the Filipinas with the Hispanic world (México, Spain, Puerto Rico, ...):
After the Hispanic-Northamerican war first (1898), and the Filipinas-Northamerican war after (1899-1906), the winning army (the one of the United States) and its Government, made their best efforts to make dissapear all signs of the hispanics in the islands.
The northamerican education taught the Filipinos to hate the Spanish colonial period forgetting the cruelty of the war betweeen Filipinas and USA in wich about 200.000 Filipinos died, unknown quantity during the "cruel" Spanish domination.
" Mi patria idolatrada, dolor de mis dolores,
querida Filipinas, oye el postrero adios,
ahí te dejo todo: mis padres, mis amores;
voy a donde no hay esclavos, verdugos ni opresores;
... " José Rizal (1861-1896) was killed by Spaniards.
Read more here: http://www.geocities.com/tokyo/pagoda/7029/drama.html

So i now know in what you are going to be busy in this century.
Don Mendo.   Tue May 29, 2007 8:34 pm GMT
Me cago en vuestros muertos, cabrones unos y otros. ¿Será posible que, de una jodida vez, se introduzca algo de seriedad en esta lista? La mayoría estamos hartos (vulgo, hasta los cojones) de vuestras mariconadas intranscendentes.

Si tantas represiones tenéis, voto a Freud, no vengáis a tocarnos los huevos aquí y haceros un par de pajas. Será muy sano para todos vosotros. Y, de paso, para todos los demás.

No nos hagáis perder el tiempo, gaznápiros de mierda.

Don Mendo
Guest   Tue May 29, 2007 10:55 pm GMT
allt the world see the US as an (should we say "THE") anglo-saxon country, except American and the other Anglo-saxon peoples themselves.

BECAUSE THEY AREN'T! I'M NOT AMERICAN AND I 'VE NEVER SEE THE US LIKE THAT, SORRY!
US IS SIMPLY A MIX OF ANYCULTURE OF THE WORLD FROM AFRICA TO EUROPE, FROM SIA TO THE NATIVE PEOPLES, SO WHAT THIS "ANGLO SAXON" MEANS IS TILL A MISTERY

The Anglosphere is alive and well. These are English-speaking countries and societies based on the laws and principles of established by Anglo-Saxons.

ANGLOSHPERE???? A NEW DUMB NEOLOGISM? LIKE THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH DUMB WORDS TODAY.
LAWS AND PRINCIPELS OF THE ANGLO SAXON???!!!!
aahahahahahah!!!!
DO YOU KNOW WHO ANGLO SAXON WERE? SO YOUR CULTURE IS BASED ON A ROUGH TRIBE OF MORE THAN 1000 YEARS AGO??? WHAT A MODERN COUNTRY!!
ONLY WHITE MORONS CAN USE THIS WORDS WITHOUT EVEN THE KNOLEDGE OF WHAT THEY MEAN

It's what our society was built upon.

NO YOPUR SOCIETY IS BASED ON HUNDREDS OF OTHER CONTRIBUTIONS

What a dumb assessment. The English people that came to America were a diverse group, many of them very smart, and all hard-working. They couldn't have been that bad, after all they layed the seeds for the most powerful country in the history of the world.

YOU ARE DUMB. THEY WERE SMART AND HARD-WORKING LIKE EVERY IMMIGRANT WHO CAME THERE, AND STOP WITH THIS CANTILENA OF "HARD-WORKING": THERE WERE MANY OTHER GROUPS WHO WERE MUCH MORE HARD WORKING THAN THE ORIGINAL ENGLISH IMMIGRANTS.
AND STOP WITH THE OTHER SINGSONG OF THE MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY, IT'S SO FALSE, BORING AND IT ANNOYED EVERY INTELLIGENT PERSON WHO CANNOT HELP TO LAUGH AT IT. US WAS IN THE 2TH CENTURY THE MOST POWERFUL ECONOMY, AND THAT'S ALL.
NO SMART PERSON SEE THIS COUNTRY AS SOMETHING DIFFERENT OF BIG ECONOMY. THIS IS SO FAR TRO BE A "GREAT" COUNTRY.
i REMIND YOU THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE OF ALL TEH WORLD SEE US ALSO AS THE DUMBEST COUNTRY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD.

The Hispanic immigrants these days are the only ones who aren't assimilating because no white person in his or her right mind wants to marry down and choose an inferior person as a mate

THIS COMMENT REVEALS ALL YOUR GREAT CULTURE!
ALL YOUR COMMENTS REVEAL THAT! IT IS USELESS TO POST ANY ANSWER BECAUSE YOUR MESSAGES ARE MORE THAN ENLIGHTING ON WHAT US ARE. THANKS! THEY SHOW THE TRUTH OF THE CONGENITAL INFERIORITY OF YOUR SOCIETY, MORE AND MORE.
THAT'S WHY UNITED STATES OF AMERICRAPS IS A FILTHY COUNTRY!
AND IT'S MORE PROBABLE THAT PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO MATE WITH YOU WHITE TRASH. YOU THINK TO BE SOMETHING SPECIAL BUT ALL THE WORLD LOOK FROM UP TO DOWN THE WHITE US TRASH.
BY THE WAY MANY "HISPANICS" ARE "WHITE" DUMB IDIOT AND NOT ALL US PEOPLE ARE WHITE TRASH FORTUNATELY.
AND NO, I'M NOT FROM SOUTH AMERICA AND I BET I'M WHITER THAN YOU
Guest   Tue May 29, 2007 11:27 pm GMT
>>BECAUSE THEY AREN'T! I'M NOT AMERICAN AND I 'VE NEVER SEE THE US LIKE THAT, SORRY!
US IS SIMPLY A MIX OF ANYCULTURE OF THE WORLD FROM AFRICA TO EUROPE, FROM SIA TO THE NATIVE PEOPLES, SO WHAT THIS "ANGLO SAXON" MEANS IS TILL A MISTERY<<

Yes, it's a mix of many cultures, but what unifies us is our language (English) and our common law tradition.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/LegalSystemsOfTheWorldMap.png

>>ANGLOSHPERE???? A NEW DUMB NEOLOGISM? LIKE THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH DUMB WORDS TODAY.
LAWS AND PRINCIPELS OF THE ANGLO SAXON???!!!!
aahahahahahah!!!!
DO YOU KNOW WHO ANGLO SAXON WERE? SO YOUR CULTURE IS BASED ON A ROUGH TRIBE OF MORE THAN 1000 YEARS AGO??? WHAT A MODERN COUNTRY!!
ONLY WHITE MORONS CAN USE THIS WORDS WITHOUT EVEN THE KNOLEDGE OF WHAT THEY MEAN<<

Do some research about the relationships held between countries of the Angloshere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglosphere

>>NO YOPUR SOCIETY IS BASED ON HUNDREDS OF OTHER CONTRIBUTIONS<<

Our country was FOUNDED by Englishman, using their language, ideals, culture, and laws. There is no separating us from that.

>>YOU ARE DUMB. THEY WERE SMART AND HARD-WORKING LIKE EVERY IMMIGRANT WHO CAME THERE, AND STOP WITH THIS CANTILENA OF "HARD-WORKING": THERE WERE MANY OTHER GROUPS WHO WERE MUCH MORE HARD WORKING THAN THE ORIGINAL ENGLISH IMMIGRANTS.<<

What, they weren't hard-working? So how did they lay down the groundwork to build this country into the most powerful in the history of the world? Was it magic?

>>AND STOP WITH THE OTHER SINGSONG OF THE MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY, IT'S SO FALSE, BORING AND IT ANNOYED EVERY INTELLIGENT PERSON WHO CANNOT HELP TO LAUGH AT IT. US WAS IN THE 2TH CENTURY THE MOST POWERFUL ECONOMY, AND THAT'S ALL.
NO SMART PERSON SEE THIS COUNTRY AS SOMETHING DIFFERENT OF BIG ECONOMY. THIS IS SO FAR TRO BE A "GREAT" COUNTRY.
i REMIND YOU THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE OF ALL TEH WORLD SEE US ALSO AS THE DUMBEST COUNTRY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD.<<

We're the largest economy and the strongest militarily, today, in the 21ST CENTURY. In those OBJECTIVE measures, we are the best. Of course here's where you blabber on about some SUBJECT measures to say how other parts of the world are better. None of that matters. And what also doesn't matter is how the rest of the world views us today. Because people are fickle in nature. After we saved the world from Germany in World War II, we were greatly admired. Even still to this day our culture is widely emulated. We may have lost some standing because of our idiot President, but he'll be gone soon thankfully.

>>THIS COMMENT REVEALS ALL YOUR GREAT CULTURE!
ALL YOUR COMMENTS REVEAL THAT! IT IS USELESS TO POST ANY ANSWER BECAUSE YOUR MESSAGES ARE MORE THAN ENLIGHTING ON WHAT US ARE. THANKS! THEY SHOW THE TRUTH OF THE CONGENITAL INFERIORITY OF YOUR SOCIETY, MORE AND MORE.<<

You're a fool for believing that everyone that posts something in defense of America is the same person. I didn't make that racist remark, someone else did, so I won't even try to defend what he said.

>>THAT'S WHY UNITED STATES OF AMERICRAPS IS A FILTHY COUNTRY!
AND IT'S MORE PROBABLE THAT PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO MATE WITH YOU WHITE TRASH. YOU THINK TO BE SOMETHING SPECIAL BUT ALL THE WORLD LOOK FROM UP TO DOWN THE WHITE US TRASH.
BY THE WAY MANY "HISPANICS" ARE "WHITE" DUMB IDIOT AND NOT ALL US PEOPLE ARE WHITE TRASH FORTUNATELY.
AND NO, I'M NOT FROM SOUTH AMERICA AND I BET I'M WHITER THAN YOU<<

More typical nonsense rambling. If you're not from South America, you're probably from Spain.
Guest   Wed May 30, 2007 12:06 am GMT
Why do you go on claiming US is an english country and was founded by English since it is a immense lie?
The only thing you have in common with England is the language for pure accidental historical chance and beside you language is different from the original English.
The fact US speak english means nothing. In fact it is not an official language. There is not a US official lngauge because this land has not bond with nobody but only countless influences.
I find extremely DUMB and a non-sense to continue claim this, especially when you could boast US is the product of ALL the world instead of claim a nonexistent cultural bond with a nation which sent few wretches on a boat almost three centuries ago.
Australia does the same, I don't understand why some people want to be bond on that nation, it is question of descendants I suppose.
Obviously you are an American of english heritage, there are not other explanations. I guess every other American with no english ancestor can care less of what you are saying.

For the racist comment I send my answer to the real idiot uncivilized author
Guest   Wed May 30, 2007 12:52 am GMT
>>Why do you go on claiming US is an english country and was founded by English since it is a immense lie?<<

No, it's the truth. The founding fathers of the United States were all English.

>>The only thing you have in common with England is the language for pure accidental historical chance and beside you language is different from the original English.<<

Okay, so what difference does it make? English speakers from America and Britain understand each other perfectly fine 99.7% of the time. There are some accents in certain parts that are hard to understand, but that's an exception.

>>The fact US speak english means nothing. In fact it is not an official language. There is not a US official lngauge because this land has not bond with nobody but only countless influences.<<

Yes, it does mean something. What it means is up for debate, but it's not a meaningless situation. The United States and Britain have a special bond, and Britain's influences are still primary. That's not to say that other influences aren't important, but we cannot forget our roots. And since English is the primary language, it acts as a unifying force. In other countries, language is a divisive issue. That cannot and won't be the case in the United States.

>>I find extremely DUMB and a non-sense to continue claim this, especially when you could boast US is the product of ALL the world instead of claim a nonexistent cultural bond with a nation which sent few wretches on a boat almost three centuries ago.<<

Yes indeed, the United States is a melting pot. But its ties and roots with English cannot be denied or ignored.

>>Australia does the same, I don't understand why some people want to be bond on that nation, it is question of descendants I suppose.
Obviously you are an American of english heritage, there are not other explanations. I guess every other American with no english ancestor can care less of what you are saying.<<

We have a bond. It's not a one-way street, it's just something that exists. Like I mentioned above, our ties to England are undeniable.

Also, I am a Jewish American with ancestors from England, but also Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Russia, Poland, and the Netherlands.
Guest   Wed May 30, 2007 5:56 am GMT
Another interesting article about the U.N. and languages:

http://www.geneva.ch/Lang.htm
Guest   Wed May 30, 2007 11:50 am GMT
"No, it's the truth. The founding fathers of the United States were all English. "

FALSE FALSE FALSE.
The father of US were ALL the persons who worked to build the country not few repressed gays from England who came there.
The fact you can
Thanksgiving is a crap festivity and an insult to all the other immigrants who worked hard and made miserable life. You have to celebrate this persons and not some stupid immigrants who came there and started destrying at once.
English tie is one among all the others.

"Yes indeed, the United States is a melting pot. "

So your thesis is defninetely wrong admitting this.
Being a melting pot there is not a country which is more important.

"But its ties and roots with English cannot be denied or ignored."

Yes like ALL other ties and roots with EVERY other country which contributed to US, not more, not less.
Speaking og "anglo saxon" (a non-sense word) in 2007 is something laughable.
Concerning the language factor it has no importance, like someone said before the fact US speak English is only a fortuitous cheance, you could speak any other language now.
The fact South America speak Spanish or Portoguese mean that these countries have cultural relationships with Spain or Portugal? NO, they share only the language as US do.
If you can explain the ties between Portugal and Brasil or Peru and Spain...
Obviously you are not aware that "English" fathers (as you call them) ALL worshipped the classical Rome and classical Greece, they read their classical authors and tried to found the country inspiring by these civilizations and so they did with the Constitution too. Watched their houses, watch Jefferson house, don't you recall anything?
Latin signs are everywhere in the country and even historical inscriptions in historical places are in Latin.
After the indipendence the "english fathers" even took into consideration to change language and they thought about Latin or Greek.
Obviously it was impossible to change language in a country, but there is the possibility you wouldn't be speaking english today.
All this means that US are a Latin country? I think no, because too many influences are in this country.

"Also, I am a Jewish American with ancestors from England, but also Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Russia, Poland, and the Netherlands. "

Naturally, there was no need to underline it, it's so clear and obvious from your posts.
Don't you think all these countries contribute to US in the sameway? I think yes, like many others.
Guest   Thu May 31, 2007 2:08 pm GMT
<< Calma!!!! Señores Mex-Americanos!!!

Yo hablo un poco español, pero el proximo Presidente hablará español perfecto.

Un saludo a todos!!!! >>

First, it was Jacques Chirac's was used to make it appear that he dumped French and embrace Spanish. Now it's George Bush's turn as can be seen on the messeage posted by Presidente Bush.

When will like Hispanic Fly like Sam from TERCER MUNDO stop and become sensible and objective?