a question

Guest   Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:41 pm GMT
"I am going to have a loogie in my coffee tomorrow."

What is 'a loogie' ?

Thanks in advance
Rick Johnson   Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:45 pm GMT
I'd just wait and find out, maybe you might get a Cappuccino if really you're lucky!!!!!
Guest   Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:57 pm GMT
Uh I don't think I would wait and find out!!! I just looked it up on Wikipedia, and I can't believe what it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loogie
Guest   Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:08 pm GMT
eeewwwwww !!!
abc   Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:02 am GMT
"I'd just wait and find out, maybe you might get a Cappuccino if really you're lucky!!!!! "
lo0o0o0o0ol

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
A loogie is comprised of phlegm, broken loose and wilfully ejected from the mouth of a usually vulgar and inconsiderate person. Loogies can range in color from a pale yellow to olive green. The presence of red or orange is usually an indication of a serious medical ailment.

The act of ejecting a loogie is referred to as "hocking (or hawking). The desire to hock a loogie, in defiance of acceptable social norms, produces a temporary feeling of power in the 'loogie-hocker', accompanied by a sense of elation. As with so many anti-social acts, this feeling of power must be re-inforced frequently, before the aftershock of depression sets in as the perpetrator realizes the futility of his/her deed, and ultimately of life. Traditional places where anti-social people 'hock' loogies are bridges, tall buildings, subway platforms, office urinals, and wilderness trails- places which are symbolically more elevated than the perpetrator.

Before a loogie is ready to be spit from the mouth, a sufficiently sized ball of phlegm must be broken loose from the back of the throat. This is done via a violent vibration of the glottis, producing a low, guttural, rumbling sound. This rumbling sound is reminiscent of hostile sounds by males defending their territory against intruders. This act is well-documented in Robert Ardrey's The Territorial Imperative. As such, 'loogie hawking' reveals the low intellect of the primeval animal as manifested by feelings of inferiority in the complex, higher intellectual world of modern society.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loogie"
Uriel   Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:50 pm GMT
I would imagine that you probably don't want that in your coffee. In fact, you might be tempted to send your coffee back and get a new cup.
Ecko   Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:48 pm GMT
dude...gross