Question to UK citizens

Brit   Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:18 pm GMT
"Brits are the most arrogant people on earth. They can't handle being irrelevant, so they mock others and find fault in everything. Hitler should've forgotten France and sallied straight to London. Things would've been much better, and the 3rd world would've industralised (ha, ha, you and your stupid s'). "

Here's something positive for you; I'm quite impressed you know where France is.
American   Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:24 pm GMT
Here's something positive for you; I'm quite impressed Britain isn't part of an Islamic caliphate yet.
Brit   Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:39 pm GMT
"Here's something positive for you; I'm quite impressed Britain isn't part of an Islamic caliphate yet."

Yes, you're right. Britain is quite impressive like that..
American   Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:45 pm GMT
I wouldn't rest on my laurels if I were you, I would convert to Islam and get it over with.
Brit   Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:51 pm GMT
"Brits are the most arrogant people on earth". Is that from your own personal experience?. I suspect you bring out feelings of superiority in all the Brits you meet.

"I wouldn't rest on my laurels if I were you, I would convert to Islam and get it over with.". I don't feel the need to convert. I have own beliefs and I am comfortable with them. I don't know why you're the making all that fuss about Islam. Have a nice cuppa tea and happen you'll calm down lad.
Damian in Edinburgh   Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:00 pm GMT
I would be a very bad Islamic guy.......in fact, I'd be chucked out of the fold within a week as I'd soon fall foul of the faith's teachings and doctrines...I enjoy having fun too much. On second thought they may execute me.....? They do that sort of thing...don't they? Or is it my hands they'd chop off? There goes half of my fun......at least.
American   Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:41 pm GMT
Brits are the most arrogant people on earth". Is that from your own personal experience?. I suspect you bring out feelings of superiority in all the Brits you meet.--Brit

That was a good one. he, he.
Guest   Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:07 am GMT
They only need to chop off one hand to really deal a crushing blow.
Guest   Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:36 am GMT
I think brits have many other problems to think, starting from that stinking sickening "royal" (royal as my ass) family made of lunatics and whores. mhhhh.... to be proud of it.
To have "royal families" in 2007 is a thing other nations look at as a laughable, pathetic joke.
DISGUSTING
Mark   Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:14 pm GMT
Nice to know I was right and some American's do hate the British

"Brits are the most arrogant people on earth"
- Much of the world thinks this is true of both the UK and the US (and most of the "West".

"Hitler should've forgotten France and sallied straight to London"
- These were fundmentalists and probably wouldn't have stopped at Europe

"Europeans are scum. Why do they allow NATO to occupy their soil?"
- America has nukes on Britain, and most countries have military bases all over the world.

"I'm quite impressed Britain isn't part of an Islamic caliphate yet."
- This is quite worrying, I blame multiculturalism and political correctness. The US seems to be worried about Mexicans and South Americans, coming over and changing America culture also.

Uriel, nice of you to notice that I have tried throughout to be civil to the third best country (I'm English-Japanese) in the World and whilst Muslims in your country have pretty much stayed staunchly pro-American, all it takes are a few to change that perception.

For instance I would not base my perceptions upon the previous people mentioned as true of all Americans, as it would be hard for me to have a love of Americans otherwise.

And yes it is sad how this comment on American accents, seems to have been derailed.
Mark   Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:20 pm GMT
"That stinking sickening "royal" (royal as my ass) family made of lunatics and whores".
- Same could be said of the Bush family, sorry to any intelligent thinking republicans. The reason why it continues is because of tradition, regardless of your opinion and many other Brits, I like having the Royal family, it is not like the tax would decrease with them gone, or the money would be better spent. It is shame though that she doesn't hold her government to account.
Jasper   Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:42 pm GMT
Mark:

These anti-UK sentiments are, in my experience, very rare, but maybe it's because I'm on the West Coast.

Unless you're of Scottish or Irish extraction, there's just no reason to hate the English. Indeed, they've been our closest allies politically speaking.

I wonder if some of these guys hate Englishmen because they hate us? <scratches head>
Guest   Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:58 pm GMT
You've got one active troll here, not any significant portion of the US population. That person might not even be American and I'm guessing that it's not. I'd say that a large percentage of people in the UK hates Americans, though.

If you are British in the US, you are singled out for good treatment. The opposite is true for Americans in the UK.
windy city   Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:15 pm GMT
I find the same range of pleasant to unpleasant accents in the States as anywhere else in the English speaking world. Even in a single locale, you can find a range of loudness, politeness, even accent variations. Even members of the same family!

I've lived in many areas in the States, including a long stint in California. Believe me, there are Californians (eg., many folks in the movie industry) who can sound as obnoxious as any stereotyped New Yorker.
Brit   Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:57 pm GMT
I wonder if that strange bloke knows what NATO stands for? (Trolls - is that what those nutters are called?).

As for the Royal family thing, Im not that keen on the Royals myself but I have such a low opinion of politicians that an elected president appeals even less. I can't stand all that cheesy baby-kissing and mindless placard waving on my tv for weeks on end.

BTW what was the thread?