How to understand "US policy" here?

NIk   Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:17 am GMT
The ambassador appealed for a change in US policy.
Doe sit mean the ambassor appealed for a change in his country's policy toward US (presupposing that the ambassor is an ambassor of certain country to US) or the ambassor appealed for a change in the policies practiced by US (presupposing that the ambassor is an American ambassor representing US) ? What do you think?
Humble   Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:19 am GMT
I think it refers to the policy conducted by the USA.
Uriel   Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:14 am GMT
The policy in question is the US's. Grammatically, "US" is being used as the adjective that describes "policy".
Skippy   Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:57 pm GMT
yeah, it sounds like wherever the ambassador is from, that he is appealing to his own nation's leaders for a change in policy towards the u.s.
windy city   Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:05 pm GMT
In this sentence, it is not clear whether the ambassador is from the U.S. or elswhere. The policy sounds like the policy OF the U.S. government, not TOWARDS it.
Skippy   Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:16 am GMT
i think if they were referring to policy OF the government they'd call it foreign policy or something.
Franco   Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:51 am GMT
It means, the ambassador does not want to play a part in slaughter of civilians.
Dave Duhbrains   Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:33 pm GMT
I think the ambassador is wasting his time. His appeals will fall on deaf ears.
furrykef   Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:45 pm GMT
This is not a politics forum.
Guest   Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:27 pm GMT
English sucks!
furrykef   Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:51 pm GMT
Then go somewhere else.
American   Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:02 pm GMT
"It means, the ambassador does not want to play a part in slaughter of civilians."--Franco

I always remind myself to avoid eating while using the computer; otherwise I end up spewing my food onto the screen after going into hysterics. That was funny, and true, but sad too.
Skippy   Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:33 pm GMT
We all know this isn't a politics forum. The initial question was valid... Franco's comments, however, are ridiculous.
Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:23 am GMT
Skippy, you are a redneck, everyone knows that. Antimoon is a moderate forum. People can talk about a varety of topics. Read posts of Uriel and Damian in XXXXland. They talk every thing except language.
Franco   Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:49 am GMT
Skippy finds my comments ridiculous. Then ridicule them. If you ridicule them then it will mean you ridicule the truth. You can't accept the truth of America's annihilation of innocent children.