Languages of the "Educated"?

Adolf   Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:57 pm GMT
To K.T.:
Genetically yes, we are cousins. But we do not put in practice the familiar relationships which are supposed to exist between cousins. An example that fits better is those adoptive parent witch adopted childs. These childs do not have real ties with their genetic parents so they aren't supposed to profess respect of sympathy to them.
K. T.   Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:58 pm GMT
Royal families are mixed. The Spanish royal family is mixed with the English royal family if you know the genealogies.
Guest   Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:00 pm GMT
They're all reptilians anyway, so let's change the subject
Guest   Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:06 pm GMT
"Genetically yes, we are cousins. But we do not put in practice the familiar relationships which are supposed to exist between cousins. An example that fits better is those adoptive parent witch adopted childs. These childs do not have real ties with their genetic parents so they aren't supposed to profess respect of sympathy to them."

I'm not sure If I understand this completely, but I think you are saying that the adopted child does not have to respect the natural/birth parents.

Like it or not, the adopted child inherits the traits of his blood kin. In a similiar way, French and Spanish are related languages-sharing traits of Latin. It isn't difficult to learn another language in the same family. It's common, it's useful and many educated people do this.

Maybe French speakers annoyed you in some way in your past. Maybe that's a stumbling block for you to accept that language. I don't know.
I work in the medical field, but I've never heard of a language counselor-LOL!
K. T.   Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:08 pm GMT
"Genetically yes, we are cousins. But we do not put in practice the familiar relationships which are supposed to exist between cousins. An example that fits better is those adoptive parent witch adopted childs. These childs do not have real ties with their genetic parents so they aren't supposed to profess respect of sympathy to them."

I'm not sure If I understand this completely, but I think you are saying that the adopted child does not have to respect the natural/birth parents.

Like it or not, the adopted child inherits the traits of his blood kin. In a similiar way, French and Spanish are related languages-sharing traits of Latin. It isn't difficult to learn another language in the same family. It's common, it's useful and many educated people do this.

Maybe French speakers annoyed you in some way in your past. Maybe that's a stumbling block for you to accept that language. I don't know.
I work in the medical field, but I've never heard of a language counselor-LOL! I think that's what this forum needs to heal.
Adolfo   Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:11 pm GMT
"Like it or not, the adopted child inherits the traits of his blood kin."

Human beings are not determined by their genetic inheritance, because education is more important, so what their adoptive parents teach to them will modify their behaviour infinitely more than their genes.
K. T.   Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:19 pm GMT
To A:
Genetic inheritance determines many things. How you LOOK plays a role in how others respond to you. Environment plays a large role as well. I don't think you can cut out either one.

To Guest: I looked at the ZB quotes. Whoa! Commenting on them would probably mean the end of this thread because of the posting rules.

O-kay! I hope you both have a good day for the remainder of it.

Off to language study!
Guest   Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:26 pm GMT
I don't see a lot of people respecting the posting rules of this forum. You K.T. are a true gentleman.
I wish you well with your language study, as I proceed with my politology study.
Guest   Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:25 am GMT
The most credible fact is orangutans, chimpanzees, and gorillas are cousins.
Guest   Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:26 pm GMT
Sasquatch and Yeti are cousins too.