[Vocab] Funny Musical Note ?

tot2ivn   Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:48 pm GMT
Hi every1,

I'm Woo Hyuk, from Korea.

I'm opening an International Kindergarten in my country in, like,

two months and thinking of naming it in English.

The name in Korean is, word-by-word translated, "[B]Funny Music Note[/B]" .

I find "Music Note" would be very rough and totally not proper in English.
So I've kinda come up with a couple names like : [B]Fun Melody[/B] or [B]Jolly Melody, [/B]but I really have no idea if they sound suitable, common for a kindergarten or not.

I want to name it something more naturally American, more childish ..,
It doesn't have to be exactly Music Note, or Melody, something similar is ok, since my English is kinda limited so I just can think of those.

If you have any bright idea, please give me some recommendations.:up:

Thank you very, very much.,. :-D

(I desperately need your help)
Easterner   Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:30 pm GMT
What comes to my mind is "Jolly Tunes". "Tune" is a synonym for "melody", and it sounds very "naturally" American to me. However, whatever you choose, take care to check if the name isn't copyrighted yet. :)
Ed   Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:08 am GMT
Just out of curiosity...why do you wanna name it in English? I'm sure the kiddies won't care :)))
Heehee   Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:19 pm GMT
To Ed:

Oh, educational/children's care centres all over East Asia have English names. The kiddies won't care but the parents will. An English name carries some sort of "prestige".

Here in Hong Kong, every institution has an English name, but that's because HK was formerly under British control and perhaps the requirement of an English name got woven into law. In mainland China, though, an English name is sure to attract customers, and in the case of kindergartens, parents!!

To Tot2ivn:

Yep, "Jolly Tunes" is a good name. I could also think of a closer and better English translation for the Korean name: "Quirky Note". "Quirky" has a ring to it that's just much more interesting than "funny" or "jolly".

Oh by the way, my uncle operates a kindergarten in Hong Kong. It's named Hopscotch Centre ^^