Students at a disadvantage

Pos   Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:27 pm GMT
<6th: It's everyone's business if you try to gang up on someone with no obvious reasons. >

What a childish statement. I can see your moderator attempting to get everyone to gang up on M56. Now that's the truth. M56 has disagreed with Josh on many occasions and now Josh is abusing his "power" to wreak revenge. What a child he is.
Travis   Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:31 pm GMT
>>What a childish statement. I can see your moderator attempting to get everyone to gang up on M56. Now that's the truth. M56 has disagreed with Josh on many occasions and now Josh is abusing his "power" to wreak revenge. What a child he is.<<

Troll.
furrykef   Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:37 pm GMT
<< Mitch/pos/Bridget/M56, please don't gang up on him and run him away. This forum will lose a diamond of knowledge and we learners don't want to see that happening. >>

I don't know if I'm a "diamond of knowledge" as you say, but I'm not going to run away merely due to things like this. :)

By the way, here's how I would have written your sentence:

...but please try to change your writing style if you're pretending to be different people.

The word "persons", while still used in very formal writing and in legalese, tends to sound old-fashioned in ordinary speech.

<< Really? I would say that most of the native posters here try to TEACH English. You included. >>

Well, yes, but when I think of "teaching English", I typically think of a classroom environment.

And to the people debating above me: yes, I think it is our business if we have a potential "gang up" situation. I don't really know if you are indeed "ganging up" me (or anyone else) or not, but doing so is rather disorderly conduct, so Josh felt the need to point out the potential. I think that's perfectly reasonable. In no way does it compromise anything. If you're doing things on the internet, your IP address is out there. It isn't exactly the most private of information.

- Kef
Guest   Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:42 pm GMT
<If you're doing things on the internet, your IP address is out there. It isn't exactly the most private of information. >

Really? Could you tell me how I can discover the IPs of everyone on this forum?
Guest   Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:17 am GMT
I propose that M56/Pos/Bridget's IP address be banned to protect this forum.
furrykef   Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:21 am GMT
<< Really? Could you tell me how I can discover the IPs of everyone on this forum? >>

Well, you can't, but the point is that an IP address isn't a private piece of information. Any server you access is going to know your IP address unless you connect through a proxy server, and using those generally isn't worth the trouble unless you have to.

<< I propose that M56/Pos/Bridget's IP address be banned to protect this forum. >>

I don't think that's necessary.

- Kef
Guest   Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:27 am GMT
Why isn't it necessary? They have been lying to us for too long, and have tricked many people into believing their lies by their strength in numbers. What they say is nonsense, and they are worthless to this forum.
Guest   Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:21 am GMT
I think he or she is not a troll as he/she posts language related stuff. If Mitch/pos/Bridget/M56 sticks to one user name and gives up his/her personality disorder and learns to listen to others views - he or she is more than welcome to this forum. So far he/she is not coming up grips with the real truth that he has been caught in his game that is his self-projection for the most knowlegeable person on the linguistic matters.
Guest   Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:23 am GMT
I am gone insane with this multiple identity issue.
*he or she has been caught in his or hergame that is his or her self-projection
Bridget   Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:28 am GMT
<<So far he/she is not coming up grips with the real truth that he has been caught in his game that is his self-projection for the most knowlegeable person on the linguistic matters. >>

While you stupid people play your little Agatha Christie games, here in our academy, a sudden aura of inconfidence has decended. The few of us who post on this forum are now looking out for who is who. I can't write as freely as I did before. Josh has caused this problem. I will now stop posting here.

Good riddance.
Guest   Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:30 am GMT
Tell your other personalities not to post here either.
M56   Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:45 am GMT
<Tell your other personalities not to post here either. >

Interesting how most of those who calle for banning do it from behind anonymity. Why not post using a name and then Josh can tell us if you have multiple personalities.

Hey, Josh, c'mon, be honest, are there other posters here, apart from the ones you mentioned, who you know post from the same IP? Be honest if you can.
furrykef   Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:10 pm GMT
<< While you stupid people play your little Agatha Christie games, here in our academy, a sudden aura of inconfidence has decended. The few of us who post on this forum are now looking out for who is who. >>

I still can't imagine how such a situation could possibly arise by the mere fact of publicly posting that you all use the same IP address, especially considering that some of us more or less suspected as much in the first place. With all due respect, I think you're just being paranoid.

- Kef
Guest   Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:25 pm GMT
<With all due respect, I think you're just being paranoid. >

Well do you now?