Kick someone's ass

fungi   Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:10 am GMT
Literally, it means kicking someone's ass. But I never see anyone saying this really kicking someone's ass.
What does it mean?
beneficii   Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:12 am GMT
I'm going to kick my foot up your ass so hard it'll quench your thirst.

Kick his ass! Kick his ass!
RalphZ   Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:27 am GMT
also the kick ass thing could be used when you wanna say it's cool or something like this. for example, you went to your buddy's home and his girl friend cooked great meal for you, then you could say "he gal this thing really kicked ass"
Skippy   Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:45 am GMT
If I kick someone's ass, it means I beat them up... Or, for example, if Germany beats Portugal in the third place soccer match, the German team kicked the Portuguese team's ass.
fungi   Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:11 am GMT
Why does it have to be an "ass", but not some other body part like hand, face, nose, or leg?
beneficii   Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:19 am GMT
fungi,

Get your ass out of here!

Get your ass over here!

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

Kick ass!
Uriel   Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:42 am GMT
<<Why does it have to be an "ass", but not some other body part like hand, face, nose, or leg? >>

Because it's the most humiliating, my little saprophyte. Picture someone on the ground, beat up, completely vanquished, and then you aim a well-placed foot at his posterior. Or even as he is running away. Because in an even fight, you wouldn't even see your opponent's backside -- you'd be facing each other. Only if you beat him or he's running away from you will he have his back turned to you. And being swatted on the butt is how your mother reprimanded you as a child -- so it's not a very manly thing for an adult to endure.