German translation text

Skippy   Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:00 pm GMT
Howdy ya'll. I'm reading Hayek's "Road to Serfdom" for a paper I'll have due in the middle of next semester, but my school's library only had the German version (the English one is checked out until February, and I don't want to wait around for it) and I was wondering if there are any good texts on German translation out there. Thanks!
Guest   Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:10 am GMT
you can't translate a book without any knowledge of the language ...
Skippy   Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:49 am GMT
I read German pretty well, it's just an entire book is kind of a daunting task. Just wondering if there's a good German translation text... Is there like a standard that a lot of professors prefer to teach translation?
Calliope   Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:11 am GMT
I don't know what it is you are looking for. If you can read German pretty well, and you are not really required to translate the book, why would you be looking for translation technique tips?
Skippy   Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:45 pm GMT
My understanding is that if you want to cite something in an essay you need to have a basic understanding of "translation" not just being able to read and understand what the text says.
American Patriot   Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:12 am GMT
LONG LIVE GERMAN AND GERMANY THE GLORY OF THE ALMIGHTY ARIAN RACE!!! DEUSTCHLAND UBER ALLES!!!!!