best polyglot

JLK   Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:22 pm GMT
I don't think the real Mallorqui wrote the last post, but I sort of agree with it lol. Go to certain parts of Paris during the summer. You can't see a straight guy for miles...

I have only seen Mallorqui write in French, Spanish and Catalan, so I'm not really that impressed. Being raised in the Balearic Islands, he speaks Catalan and Spanish natively. France is only about 1-2 hour drive from Barcelona, not to mention the immense amount of French TV programs and radio you can get in that part of Spain. Seriously, he think he's cool because he writes French, but it's sort of immature. Catalan and French are very closely related so it wouldn't have required much effort to learn French. I have never studied Catalan yet even I can get the gist of it.

Greg: I bet that is all the English you know. You just copy and paste it on forums so people don't think you're illiterate. Why do you talk about English in such an angry manner anyways? Are upset that Englished pushed French into 2nd place? Are you upset that English language newspapers are all over Paris, but a French language paper in New York isn't to be found?
Guest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:38 pm GMT
A mon avis la langue française est assez facile. Je trouve que la syntaxe espagnole est bien compliquée, par example l'usage du mode subjonctif est bien plus répandu en espagnol ou en italien.
greg   Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:15 pm GMT
huesped : « Geez, greg, what did that fucking language ever do to you? ».

Rien. Mais tu devrais savoir que 1] je n'utilise pas l'anglais sur ce forum — 2] il est très facile d'usurper mon nom pour écrire n'importe quoi — 3] il est encore plus facile de tomber dans les "pièges" idiots que les trolls destinent aux lecteurs occasionnels.
Mais, après tout, peut-être n'es-tu pas tombé dans ce "piège" si c'est toit qui l'a posé ?

JLK : cf supra. À part ça je constate que le niveau de tes contributions sur ce forum est toujours aussi élevé, ton attitude toujours bienveillante et ton discours extrêmement captivant, comme d'hab.
K. T.   Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:53 pm GMT
What bothers me is that threads like this will potentially drive away posters who really DO have good bilingual and "polyglot" skills.

A great thing about Antimoon is the fact that we DON'T have to register. We DON'T have to abide by the laws of Switzerland in order to
make a simple comment about a language or help someone who doesn't quite understand an idiom. I use "Switzerland" as an example only, because there is a site that requires this.
Guest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:01 pm GMT
si c'est toit qui l'a posé ?

Le toit couvre généralement une maison
greg   Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:42 pm GMT
Au moins un qui suit !
Guest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:29 pm GMT
Кула, са' лу чарель махелийн. До улан къзид, баръез кауур. Кýлъс за, пораки ураýкъ!
JLK   Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:04 am GMT
Big Brother: What's the point of even having a forum if you're going to delete all the posts?