What European language has the easiest sounds?

Guest   Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:12 am GMT
According to some studies, only 1 out of one thousand people can pronounce the Spanish R, J , LL and Z properly. Italian is easier.
Guest   Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:24 am GMT
<<According to some studies, only 1 out of one thousand people can pronounce the Spanish R, J , LL and Z properly. Italian is easier.>>

Not even native Spanish speakers can.
Up until now I haven't found any native Spanish able to explain to me the difference between "LL" and "Y". They all say there is one,but no one seems to know exactly.
Guest   Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:26 am GMT
I met a woman who a town near me who pronounced the LL, while I don't pronounce it, but I can do so if I want. I must admit that it is hard if you are not used to this sound.
Guest   Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:28 am GMT
who lived in a town...
Guest   Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:49 am GMT
<<According to some studies, only 1 out of one thousand people can pronounce the Spanish R, J , LL and Z properly. Italian is easier.>>

Really? according to what studies? Spanish has by far the easiest sounds among all European languages that a fact, and everyone who denies it is just jealous.

BTW, all those who repeated "Italian" were either the same person or three Italians themselves... pretty convenient.
Guest   Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:53 am GMT
Are the Spanish sounds easy? Just try to pronounce "zorro", or "cajetilla". I can assure you that not everybody could do it properly.
Guest   Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:56 am GMT
Almost all European languages have equivalent for all the Italian sounds,on the other hand I really can't think of any other language that has the "ll" sound,and with "z" are just a few. Get over it,Spanish is not even phonetic.
Guest   Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:06 am GMT
Icelandic and English have the th sound too. Z in (European) Spanish sounds like Th in English in words like "think"
Güest   Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:47 am GMT
I also think Italian is easier to pronounce than Spanish.
Guest   Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:10 am GMT
I learnt Italian in one month. It is really easy.

Italian pronunciation is harder than Spanish That's for sure! It has more phonemes!
Spanish is the easiest at least, STandard spanish: the one learn by students all over the world

Most foreigners don't even know nor realize that they have to distinguish between simple and double consonants or open and closed vowels..
Spanish and modern greek are a piece of cake compared to Italian.
Guest   Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:16 am GMT
Guys you should learn language instead of writing bullshit in this forum:

Spanish has fewer phonemes:
24/26 it depends on its variants
modern greek 22/23
Italian 30 phonemes beside the difference between simple and double consonants

Italian also has RR. carro, morra, and moreover all consonants may have a stronger pronunciation.
Guest   Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:07 am GMT
Italian is easier because it is 100% phonetic,while Spanish is not since it has more than one symbol for a sound. (j-g ,c-z ,b-v ,y-ll,etc.)
Guest   Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:55 am GMT
Italian is easier because it is 100% phonetic,while Spanish is not since it has more than one symbol for a sound. (j-g ,c-z ,b-v ,y-ll,etc.)

No way! Spanish is more phonetic than Italian even the graphic accent can help you pronounce properly every single word, on the contrary if you want to pronounce correcty most italian words you have to look up in the dictionary.
Besides Italian spelling is trickier than the Spanish one.
Guest   Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:58 am GMT

No way! Spanish is more phonetic than Italian even the graphic accent can help you pronounce properly every single word, on the contrary if you want to pronounce correcty most italian words you have to look up in the dictionary.
Besides Italian spelling is trickier than the Spanish one.
Also italian has more symbols for a single sound and this occurs more than in Spanish ( I know well both languages)
ce/ cie qu/ cu sce/ scie gl/ gli differnces between dz an tz s z
Open and closed e and o.
OïL   Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:12 am GMT
De mon point de vue, les sons italiens semblent un peu plus faciles, mieux identifiables, un peu moins ambigus que l'espagnol — mais la différence en termes de difficulté est minimale (en comparaison du français, du néerlandais, du suédois...)
Le croate est également étrangement clair, simple, bien articulé.