Prince William's speech

Damian in Edinburgh   Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:43 pm GMT
Prince William is a very easy going, friendly bloke and apparently treats everybody he meets exactly the same. People who meet him say that he never gives the impression that he is a future King of the UK or even that he belongs to the Royal Family. He is just an ordinary guy, and during his time at St Andrews University he was often seen around the town with his mates, either shopping or dropping in at a place for something to eat and drink and generally have a good time and a wee bit of a laugh. The trades people of St Andrews have nothing but praise for the guy.

I was born in the same year as PW, but beat him by two and a half months to the maternity unit. Me in Edinburgh, he in London. :-)
Guest   Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:04 pm GMT
His mother was equally good in terms of good mannerisms. Her parenting must have done a lot of good to his upbringing.
Thank t' lord   Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:20 pm GMT
God save our gracious King
Long live our noble king,
God save the King
Send him victorious
Happy and glourious
long to reign over us
God save the king
Walburga von Äü   Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:28 pm GMT
I would just point your attention to the 5 minute "Royal Portraits" that BBC Prime shows in-between programs. In the one about Prince William, a fat old somewhat lower-class British grandmother who has got a visit from the young prince, tells the BBC with a sultry look on her face: "Oh, he's luvvely, a real toyboy!"
Grosses me out each time!
Kelly   Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:14 am GMT
if I were thee [formal]
if I was you [informal]
Liz   Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:59 pm GMT
<<if I were thee [formal]
if I was you [informal]>>

LOL :-)) I hope you're just kidding, Kelly.

If I were thee??? Are you living in the 21st century or in the Shakespearian era?
Adam   Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:51 pm GMT
"I was born in the same year as PW, but beat him by two and a half months to the maternity unit. Me in Edinburgh, he in London"

I was born in July 1981, the very same month and year that Charles and Diana got married. When my mum was in hospital to give birth to me 9what a wonderful contribution she made to this world) there was a photo of Charles and Diana the hospital's food menus.
Walburga von Äü   Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:36 am GMT
Cool that you're so young, Adam! I love to make love to ignorant young working-class lads.....just use them for sex...sigh!