Spanish ancient imitations

Guest   Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:41 pm GMT
No, Portuguese is even more difficult because it uses the future tense of the subjunctive mood.
Gabriel   Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:04 pm GMT
I have to say I do not think the examples provided by Domine are truly representative of very formal, formal and informal registers in Spanish.

<<2.) Si fuera presidente, cambiara las leyes. = colloquial1*
3.) Si fuera presidente, yo cambiará las leyes. = colloquial >>

I don't know of any variety of Spanish in which either sentence is used colloquially. Where are you from, Domine?

<<Si fuese presidente, yo mudaria las leyes. No obstante no creo que fuere presidente en el futuro, habre cambiado mis metas para serlo. Pues cuando hube vuelto a la congregacion me aplaudieron. >>

The second sentence does not make much sense. "Habré cambiado mis metas" (I will have changed my goals) does not mean the same as "voy a tener que cambiar mis metas" (I will have to change my goals). The third sentence begins with "pues" so the reader expects a justification or reason for what has been said and instead gets what looks like a non-sequitur.
So, once again, I'm curious. Where are you from, Domine?
Guest   Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:13 pm GMT
Yes,Spanish must have the most complex subjunctive system among Romance languages

No, Portuguese has the most complex subjunctive mood system and French and Romanian the easiest one
Guest   Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:20 pm GMT
Domine is from La Cañada Real.