How to call these cooking stuff?

Cleveland   Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:45 pm GMT
I checked my dictionary but Im not sure if I got them, please help me, remember last time I started a thread about how to call some hairs? this time it's the same reason, I don't cook so I don't know how to call a lot of cooking stuff, like

1: a big spoon you use it bail out soup from your pot or wok, how to call it anyway? I call it "the big spoon" all the time, but Im sure it has the other name

2:what are the names of pans with one long handle and with two short handles?

3: How to say that bigger sized fork for barbecue? a big folk?

4: How to say that small device you use it to pare potato skins? it looks like a shaver.

5: What the names of the Italian plants they feed for spices?

Thank you guys and gals
K. T.   Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:09 am GMT
Cleveland,

How do I call these cooking items or How do you call this cooking stuff.

I suggest that you go to the Le Creuset site to look at the pans to see which ones you mean. You can choose the language.

1. Ladle
2. See my suggestion above for the pans.
3. Pitchfork (no, that's a joke...) There are various words for this. Look up "barbeque utensils" on Google images. One word is "pot fork", but I don't use this word.
4. potato peeler?
5. What are the names of the Italian plants they USE for spices?

Uh, for spices, I'm not sure, but for herbs I'd say "Oregano'...

Cleveland, what is your native language, if I know it perhaps I can tell you an easier way to find out the information.
Uriel   Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:03 pm GMT
1: a big spoon you use it bail out soup from your pot or wok, how to call it anyway? I call it "the big spoon" all the time, but Im sure it has the other name

A ladle, as KT says.

2:what are the names of pans with one long handle and with two short handles?

Frying pans, saucepans, and skillets all have one long handle. Frying pans and skillets are usually wide, flat, and shallow, while saucepans are deeper and taller, for heating up large amounts of liquid.

Casseroles, dutch ovens, crockpots, and the like usually have two small handles on the sides. Usually that's because they are very large and heavy when full, so that you need both hands to lift them.

3: How to say that bigger sized fork for barbecue? a big folk?

Barbecue fork.

4: How to say that small device you use it to pare potato skins? it looks like a shaver.

Potato peeler or vegetable peeler (you also use them on carrots and cucumbers).

5: What the names of the Italian plants they feed for spices?

Parsley, oregano, marjoram, fennel, basil, sage, thyme (pronounced like "time") -- there are many, many herbs used in cooking.