Scottish accent

Mark   Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:09 pm GMT
oh i just talked to a scottish person my God he was like an indian guy except for a few pronounciation he made and i recognized them
im not sure whether its the same case with every scottish guy and whats the reason.
im not humiliating scotts but it seems to me like they speak like indians do.
Secondly i was thinking whats the case with aussie accent.
they seem to have the blend of american and british accent they have that easy goin american stuff pronounciation words in their accent plus the beauty and some oooooe pronounciation of uk is it true and how they come up with such an accent.
Plz tell me im just gettin curious.
Scottish Damian   Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:43 pm GMT
Are you absolutely, completely and indubitably sure you were speaking with a Scottish guy? Not a Welsh guy? A Welsh guy is much, much more likely to be taken for an Indian (by voice....certainly not by looks) than a Scot ever would.

It happens in communication with call centres here in the UK.....it's not unknown for people here to think they are talking with a Welsh person when in fact they are speaking with someone in Bangalore or wherever.

A suggestion for your English writing...please learn to capitalise. At least you capitalised the Almighty so you are destined for heaven and that's for sure. LOL
Sander   Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:59 pm GMT
Rick Johnson in England   Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:12 pm GMT
Thank you come again, Ach noo!

That's the strangest comparison I've ever heard. I guess the Scots and some people in the Indian Sub-continent do have bagpipes in common.
Uriel   Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:44 am GMT
I can't say I've ever confused the two... (?!)