Buon natale, joyeux Noël, Feliz navidad, Boas Festas, etc...

Santa Claus   Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:45 am GMT
Buon natale(Italian), joyeux Noël(French), Feliz navidad(Spanish), Boas Festas(Portuguese), Craciun fericit(Romanian), Pax hominibus bonae voluntatis(Latin)

Merry Christmas to the Latin Family
Colette von Hessen   Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:57 am GMT
Yeah, well guess what family Santa Claus and Christmas trees came from? Hint: t'ain't "Latin."

Sinterklaas and Tannenbaum -- you can thank the Germanic peoples for those, as well as Yuletide in general, which predates Christianity. So have fun with that, Hispanic troll.
guest   Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:00 am GMT
Santa Claus hates the Latin countries. He doesn't deliver gifts to them, that's why they are so poor. Hehehehe...
Colette d'Allemagne   Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:10 am GMT
<<Buon natale(Italian), joyeux Noël(French), Feliz navidad(Spanish), Boas Festas(Portuguese), Craciun fericit(Romanian), Pax hominibus bonae voluntatis(Latin)

Merry Christmas to the Latin Family>>

Please don't forget: the French really hate to be called a "Latin people." Where is your respect?
Gast   Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:11 am GMT
<<Santa Claus hates the Latin countries. He doesn't deliver gifts to them, that's why they are so poor. Hehehehe...>>

I am so glad I wasn't drinking something at the time -- I would have spit it all over the computer screen in my fit of raucous laughter. Vielen Dank :)
Romel   Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:17 am GMT
Salamat Santa Claus!

Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon sa inyong lahat!
Santa claus   Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:23 am GMT
So that's is why their language sound so jumbled up, but isn't Santa a Latin word for holy or Saint ?
Guest   Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:39 am GMT
"Boas Festas" is like "season's greetings" in Portuguese.
Merry Christmas would be "Feliz Natal".

Think "Santa Claus" comes from "Saint Nicholas"?
Santa claus   Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:46 am GMT
that makes more sense then. Feliz natal
Guest   Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:29 am GMT
la forza latina
Guest   Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:31 am GMT
si, la fuerza latina para siempre ( per sempre)
Guest   Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:39 am GMT
latinos aguanten.
Guest   Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:42 am GMT
Hasta la victoria siempre
Gunilla Von Bismarck   Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:07 pm GMT
Santa Claus derives from Saint Nicholas, who was a Greek bishop and according to the Dutch came from Madrid to their country , so don' believe that it's an original Germanic tradition. The only true Germanic thing is the Christmas Tree (personally I ban it in my house) In some Latin countries the Kings from Orient are the ones who deliver presents in Christmas, and since they are three instead of one, they have much more gifts. We don't need that stupid red-dressed, fat American man called Santa Claus.
Gunilla Von Bismarck   Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:08 pm GMT
Santa Claus derives from Saint Nicholas, who historically was a Greek bishop and according to the Dutch came from Madrid to their country , so don't believe that it's an original Germanic tradition. The only true Germanic thing is the Christmas Tree (personally I ban it in my house) In some Latin countries the Kings from Orient are the ones who deliver presents in Christmas, and since they are three instead of one, they have much more gifts. So we don't need that stupid red-dressed, fat American man called Santa Claus. By the way: Feliz Navidad y próspero año nuevo a todos.