Romanian, oldest european language - new developments

Linguist   Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:32 pm GMT
@Rudiger

This theory is not serious, especially words which could be borrowed, for example "nevasta". In Russian we have "nevesta" for fiance and it's pure SLAVIC or Indo-European word probably if it's the same in Sanskrit.

Do you know that many geographical objects in Russia named by Sanskrit words? Rivers, villages, lakes? Angara, Iksha, Kama and many more.
On basic level you can understand Sanskrit if you know Russian, there are about 2000 common words (including insults), but if you know Baltic languages, you'll understand it even better. Moreover Slavic grammar looks like Sanskrit one, even Russian and Sanskrit still share one unique sound - soft SH, so?

It just proves that all languages are linked to each other, some more, some less.
Kwisatz Haderach   Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:59 pm GMT
Generally,languages that evolve from another are less complex than the original mother tongue. I trust that it's a very obvious and logical thing. That's why some people call Sanskrit the mother of all languages ,because it is the most elaborated and complex IE tongue. To assume that Latin evolved from Romanian one must find the proper connections that point to it. But if you try it ,you'll see that you can only find connections from one side to another. Sound shifts,conjugation system ,terminations,etc,you can only explain them in Romanian(derivate) with reference at Latin(original). Studying the two you see for yourself which one "embraces" the other ,without having to look at any theory.

I am Romanian by the way. (Sorry for the bad English)
JLK   Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:53 pm GMT
Josh:

Why was my post deleted?
Guest   Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:57 am GMT
JLK
I'd say, it was the link to Mein Kampf that did it.
Linguist   Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:16 am GMT
@Josh
<<On basic level you can understand Sanskrit if you know Russian, there are about 2000 common words (including insults), but if you know Baltic languages, you'll understand it even better. Moreover Slavic grammar looks like Sanskrit one, even Russian and Sanskrit still share one unique sound - soft SH, so? >>

>>LOOOOOOOL!!! I don't think so.

What do u disagree with exactly? About understanding? You can check it. Indian sanskritolog understood Russian without learning it.

<<It just proves that all languages are linked to each other, some more, some less.>>

>>Not true. German and Tlingit for example, have no relation. Nearly all *European* languages are related, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

yes, i meant Indo-European languages, though some researchers claim that all languages are linked, they even prove it somehow, well, right now I'm not ready to say anything about it, just some people found "the same words" in Ukrainian and in Japanese....
Guest   Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:20 pm GMT
Rudiger u can't say that romanian is the oldest language in the world because on Tartaria tablets is no romanian words,just some weird signs and a goat :) ....anyway the oldest human fossil in Europe was discover in 2007 in a cave on Carpathian Mountains...u can read about that on BBC site:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3129654.stm
Hispanic   Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:27 am GMT
An intelligent person would never use stereotypes to describe people from other nationalities because a person is a world himself. Germans can be as passionate as people from nation X. Indeed once I met a very passionate German with whom I experienced delightful moments.
Guest   Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:49 am GMT
Hispanic, you are wrong. Stereotypes are based on truth, and they hold true most of the time. Everyone can be passionate, Germans included, but when and where it's displayed is a far different matter depending on the culture. Hispanics like to make out with each other in public, they lack decency. *I see Hispanic fags doing this all the time* Germans would never do that. They are respectful and courteous to the people around them who probably don't want to watch that. And stop dreaming about dating Germans. It will never happen, mate. Germans think Hispanics are ugly and an inferior race. Just be content with your Mexican boyfriend, OK?
JLK   Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:52 am GMT
<<JLK
I'd say, it was the link to Mein Kampf that did it.>>

I don't recall anyone saying anything about that being against the rules. Most Americans studying WWII history have to read at least some experts from Mein Kampf. Besides, it was relevant to my post.
Guest   Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:17 am GMT
<<Hispanic, you are wrong. Stereotypes are based on truth, and they hold true most of the time. >>

So it's true all Germans are Nazi supporters?
Hispanic   Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:24 am GMT
Stereotypes are not true at all! They are completely based on the eventual importance of the country in question, for example major powers' citizens are seen as cold and not prone to exhibit their sentiments. Back in 1500 the Spaniards were seen in Europe as the Germans today, As long as Spain declined the associated stereotypes changed and the Spanish became relaxed and passionate magically. These ones are still prevalent I guess.
Guest   Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:55 am GMT
<<So it's true all Germans are Nazi supporters?>>

That isn't a stereotype. It's stupidity. There isn't a Nazi part in Deutschland today.

Hispanic: Your posts are so moronic they really don't deserve my time, but I will respond regardless just for my personal amusement.

The Spaniards were never seen as the Germans today. To this day, they're nothing like them. Alls they had was a lot of gold which they had stolen from the stone age Indians in the Americas. Bravo!

1.) The Spanish couldn't and still fight. Their Armada was defeated by Britain's vastly smaller navy. And a few years later, they were again defeated, but this time by the little Netherlands. How embarrassing...-:)

2.) The Spanish sucked at science. They Germans have been inventing and improving things for centuries. Wasn't it a Spanish writer or poet who said, "let other nations invent".

3.) The Spanish sucked at music. What Spanish composer can compare with the likes of Mozart, Beethoven and Bach? Trick question...Answer is no one!

4.) The Spanish sucked at writing. Other than Cervantes, what Spanish writer earned the fame of Goethe, Kafka and Hoffman. None!

5.) The Spanish were never good at business and trade. In contrast, after two world wars, Germany has arisen as the economic power house of the European Union.

Please, comparing Spain with Deutschland is like comparing America with Congo!
Guest   Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:59 am GMT
DOn't even get me started with US American stereotypes! If steroetypes are true then you're a fat, hambuerger eating, dumb, CSI watching, Gun weilding (even the children), Bush supporting fundamentalist Christian. Oh and by the way, also acording to stereotypes, Germans are the US Americans of Europe, so if youre German it also applies.
JLK   Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:25 am GMT
Well, I'm half English, so I seriously doubt I can fit in to any one stereotyped category as I sadly don't know which nation I belong to.:-) But I find American stereotypes to be so funny, not true, but funny all the same. Keep them coming....:-)Why don't you come to America and discover the reality? I don't have a gun, I prefer to use my hands.
Guest   Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:27 am GMT
I have been to America, thank you very much, and I am thankfully no longer there.

And now let me ask, have you visited South America?