Tourist languages

Guest   Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:10 pm GMT
On a global basis, important tourists languages are English, German, French and Japanese.

AHAHAH!!!
What??? German??? Japanese????????
On which planet do you live?
darras   Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:16 pm GMT
yes, German and Japanese. After US they have the second and third largest economies in the world. they travel a lot for business, but they also have to cash necessary to be tourists.
Guest   Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:41 pm GMT
German, Japanese again?
AAHAHAH!!!
Stop drinking
Guest   Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:57 pm GMT
English, German, Japanese, French, Dutch, Russian, Italian, Spanish. That's what I hear at Adriatic coast.
Guest   Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:59 pm GMT
DUTCH! LOL! HAHAHAHHAHA

Um why need to speak German or Dutch when Germand and Hollish people ALL speak English so there is no point in speaking their language when it's easier simply to speak ENGLISH!
JLK   Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:33 pm GMT
English penetration in the Netherlands and particularly Germany is exagerated, in my opinion. When I applied to a university in The Hague, the dean of INTERNATIONAL students called me and her accent was so heavy and vocabulary so poor, I got maybe half of what she said. So while 9/10 people in the Netherlands claim to speak English, I think a far smaller fraction speak it well. In Germany, it's a 50/50 chance someone will speak English. Remember now, German is a very important language in Europe. It has by far the most native speakers and the largest economy. For most jobs in Germany, you don't need to know English. There are many people in Europe, particularly Eastern Europe who learn German before English.

So, your statement is utterly ridiculous. You seem to mock the fact that northern Europeans learn English. Why, it's a smart thing to do?

BTW, it's Dutch people. You're a moron. Learn to speak English properly, or don't even bother. I don't know why stupid/ uninformed people feel the need to voice their opinions....*sigh*
JLK   Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:35 pm GMT
<<On a global basis, important tourists languages are English, German, French and Japanese.

AHAHAH!!!
What??? German??? Japanese????????
On which planet do you live?>>

Latin Americans can't even afford to buy a fake U.S passport. How on earth can they afford vacations? Hehehe...
Guest   Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:47 pm GMT
9/10 is a lot! Are you really going to learn dutch for the 1/10 who can't speak English - and that person is probably a construction worker who can't affort a holiday anyway!

As for German, it is slightly more important, but STILL, I have never met a German tourist who didn't speak English excellently! Most of them are young educated students, and educated adults. So please don't make ridiculous assertions!

<<Latin Americans can't even afford to buy a fake U.S passport. How on earth can they afford vacations? Hehehe...>>

That's completely racist. Like anywhere in the world even though many are poor there is still a HUGE elite (Latin America has a massive population, which makes up for the poor average) who can affort traveling, so don't make ridiculous assertions. The number of Brazilian touristes astonishes.
Guest   Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:04 am GMT
Spain has 47 million people with high gdp per capita, similar to that of Germany, and hispanic america despite predominantly poor, has at least 10% of population rich enough to travel, so you have 60 millions more Which language has more than 100 millions of potential tovrists like Spanish-Portuguese have? Only English has.
Ataulfa   Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:11 am GMT
Very true. Add to that the fact that the Iberian peninsula is the secon global touristic destination and the Hispanic American countries combined are the third.