Final drill

Randall Saenz Herrera   Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:40 pm GMT
I have been using SuperMemo 98 four months ago. I think its a great tool to use to learn English. I have been learning English seriously one year ago. I have been following Antimoon's techniques.

I ran SuperMemo for an hour last month. I reviewed 90 words a day. I felt very tired after that. I think ist better to run the programme 20 or 25 minutes a day. The problem is that if I don't review all the words planned by SuperMemo for today I can't review the words in final drill.

Does anyone have any piece of advice for me?

How could I review the words in final drill if I didn't review all the words planned by SuperMemo for a day?
Corrections   Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:20 pm GMT
I have been using SuperMemo 98 for four months. I think its a great tool to use to learn English. I have been learning English seriously for one year. I have been following Antimoon's techniques.

I ran SuperMemo for an hour last month. I reviewed 90 words a day. I felt very tired after that. I think is better to run the programme 20 or 25 minutes a day. The problem is that if I don't review all the words planned by SuperMemo for today I can't review the words in final drill.

Does anyone have any piece of advice for me?

How could I review the words in final drill if I didn't review all the words planned by SuperMemo for a day?
Guest   Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:51 am GMT
Review your final drill later in the day when you are done with your regular reviews. If you have to review 90 words a day then break down your revision into a couple of chunks like 45items per sitting. It will take 10-15 minutes. That way you are not going to be tired. The thing is attack at your reviews when you are fully awaken and your mind is fresh so that you can give your full concentration instead of going through the motions. That's how I did when I was a beginner with the programme. Arrange your sitting one in the morning, the second in the evening, and do your final drill later at night if you deem it appropriate. It is simple and not verytaxing so give it a try and let me know your experience.
Randall Saenz Herrera   Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:22 pm GMT
Thanks for your advice Guest. I am going to put your advice into practice. I work from Sunday to Tuesday every week. I work from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. so I can't break down my revision these days. The rest days I can do that. I think its a good idea.