Brazilian portuguese II

Guest   Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:59 am GMT
<< Brazil will adopt Spanish as their national language since they have bastardized their initial Portuguese language reaching grotesque extremes. Now you can't know if Brazilian is a Romance language or a tribal African one. >>

Uruguay, Venezuela & Colombia will adopt Portuguese as their national languages: Paraguay will adopt Guarani; Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador will adopt Quechua and Aymara; and Finally Argentina and Chile will adopt Italian as their national language because of the huge percentage of Italian origins in those countries and they run the economy and politics of those 2 countries.
Guest   Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:02 am GMT
<< Nobody learns Portuguese in South America. Appart from that , Brazilian is not true Portuguese. I would learn European Portuguese. >>

Look whose talking. The Spanish that's spoken in Latin is a bastardized form of Castillian, In fact many people consider it closer to Papiamento, Chamorro, and Chavacano.
JLK   Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:14 am GMT
Portuguese and Spanish are less different than some dialects of German , they can be considered the same language , only phonetics is noticeably different, but Brazilian Portuguese is closer to Spanish in that aspect. So relax and don't fight , Portuguese and Spanish are brothers.
Guest   Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:25 am GMT
What do you mean that they're same language? No they're not.

Spanish is just a raw cooked half-baked, Italian wannabe language.
JLK   Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:32 am GMT
Mutual intelligibility between Spanish and Portuguese is objectively very high, thus making them dialects practically. Not to mention Galician which is Portuguese with Spanish phonetics or Brazilian Portuguese , whose phonetics is easier as well for a Spanish speaker than European Portuguese. Italian on the other hand is not even a Gallo-Iberian language, so it's a complete different branch in the Romance group.
JLK   Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:37 am GMT
Neither of above two posts are mine, though I agree with him/her. Whoever you are, you seem like a smart enough guy, why do you refuse to use your own handle name? Surely, that is not beyond your intellectual capabilities. At least, I hope not...
Guest   Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:44 am GMT
Has it ever occurred to you there may be more than one person on this earth with the initials "JLK"? Or are you the only one blessed with such distinction?
Guest   Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:46 am GMT
<< Mutual intelligibility between Spanish and Portuguese is objectively very high, thus making them dialects practically. Not to mention Galician which is Portuguese with Spanish phonetics or Brazilian Portuguese , whose phonetics is easier as well for a Spanish speaker than European Portuguese. Italian on the other hand is not even a Gallo-Iberian language, so it's a complete different branch in the Romance group. >>

But Castellano Spanish copied so many features and vocabulary from Tuscan Italian that's why they sound closer to each other than to Portuguese. Even other Spanish dialects like Aragonese, Asturian, and Leonese are either closer to Portuguese or Cataln. Therefore, Portuguese is closer to the original Iberian Romance tongue than Spanish.
JLK   Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:48 am GMT
I think that JLK is becoming a kind of a generic nickname, just like "Guest".
JLK   Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:54 am GMT
I agree