World languages

Guest   Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:44 am GMT
<< Je ne suis pas d'accord : le castillan et le portugais ont une diffusion intercontinentale. Le russe et l'allemand également, mais dans une moindre mesure (numérique et spatiale). >>

Here goes another dissumulation of a hispanix fanatic using greg's name. I know who you are you're Sam.
Hewlett   Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:52 am GMT
<< << Sorry but you're referring to Spanish that is only limited to Sp[ain and Latin America and will never be a glonal language just a regional language. >>

Hewlett, did you see me mention Spanish anywhere? Why did you go on an anti-Spanish tangent when I never specifically mentioned it? Strange. Also, I said that English is the only GLOBAL language, so you didn't need to point out that Spanish isn't. But neither is French, which is my point.

As long as you seperate global from international, you can say French is interational. But so is Spanish because it's spoken on 3 continents in 20 countries. That sounds pretty "international" to me. I think "regional" would be a large language in one area in a couple countries, like Chinese or Hindi.

<< Nobody study it as a foreign language except USA and even there majority of which are native English speaking hispanic descents. >>

1st in the US, 4th in Europe, 3rd overall in the world. That doesn't seem too bad to me.

By your spelling I will assume you are not a native English speaker and don't live in the US, so how would you know? But I do live in the US and I know that you are wrong. Overall, most students are not hispanic. But of course if you go somewhere like California or Texas, the situation might be different. Of the hispanic children that grow up here, some speak both English and Spanish and some only English. It depends on the situation. >>

Stop lying. I know that you're not really an American but a hispanic fanatic pretending to be American. You're a hispanic living in an English speaking country for let's say 5 years. You're hispanic arrogance manifests in your messages.

Spanish is not a global language because there are just less 20 million speak it as a foreign language. So stop lambasing French just because you feel so insecure for Spanish.

And there were just typographical errors on my messages because of the keyboard. It was you who had lots of mistakes in you English grammar.
Guest   Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:54 am GMT
<< The 3 most studied languages are English, French, and German.

The 3 languages more spoken in different countries are English, French and Spanish

The 3 most important languages in international organizations are English, French and Spanish.

The 3 most spoken languages as foreign language are English, French, and Russian

The 3 most important languages economically are English, French, and German.

Only French and English are in all lists. >>

True, but many people just like to see what are lies...
mac   Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:26 am GMT
Hewlett, I don't know if you are serious or just baiting me. Your responses are pretty aggressive compared to mine. But what the hell, I'll bite.

<< Stop lying. I know that you're not really an American but a hispanic fanatic pretending to be American. You're a hispanic living in an English speaking country for let's say 5 years. You're hispanic arrogance manifests in your messages. >>

I'm an American from Minnesota. My family background is German and Irish.

<< Spanish is not a global language because there are just less 20 million speak it as a foreign language. So stop lambasing French just because you feel so insecure for Spanish. >>

Yes, French has more secondary speakers overall. But these comparisons of what is more international are rather pointless since English dominates the scene almost everywhere. The necessity of French has diminished a lot since the 20th Century, that is known fact. I think that's why many Francophiles here come off as insecure and over-defensive.

Nowadays, the importance of French, Spanish and the other big languages depend on your personal interests and what is useful to you. For me, it happens to be Spanish. If it's French for you, well good, but you don't have constants attack Spanish just because you prefer French or whatever.
Guest   Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:47 am GMT
<< Yes, French has more secondary speakers overall. But these comparisons of what is more international are rather pointless since English dominates the scene almost everywhere. The necessity of French has diminished a lot since the 20th Century, that is known fact. I think that's why many Francophiles here come off as insecure and over-defensive. >>

Then why the hell you appear on the scene anf begin attacking French just because you prefer Spanish? Why do you insist that Spanish is alternative to English when you know that Spanish speaking people have contributed nothing to mankind?

<< Nowadays, the importance of French, Spanish and the other big languages depend on your personal interests and what is useful to you. For me, it happens to be Spanish. If it's French for you, well good, but you don't have constants attack Spanish just because you prefer French or whatever. >>

It was you and the rest of the Hispanic fanactics here who started attacking French.
Hewlett   Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:50 am GMT
<< Yes, French has more secondary speakers overall. But these comparisons of what is more international are rather pointless since English dominates the scene almost everywhere. The necessity of French has diminished a lot since the 20th Century, that is known fact. I think that's why many Francophiles here come off as insecure and over-defensive. >>

Then why the hell you appear on the scene anf begin attacking French just because you prefer Spanish? Why do you insist that Spanish is alternative to English when you know that Spanish speaking people have contributed nothing to mankind?

<< Nowadays, the importance of French, Spanish and the other big languages depend on your personal interests and what is useful to you. For me, it happens to be Spanish. If it's French for you, well good, but you don't have constants attack Spanish just because you prefer French or whatever. >>

It was you and the rest of the Hispanic fanactics here who started attacking French.
Guest   Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:50 am GMT
"Spanish speaking people have contributed nothing to mankind?"
>>And who exactly do you think discovered the new world?
JLK   Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:16 am GMT
<<And who exactly do you think discovered the new world?>>

Why do Hispanics always attempt to bathe in the 'glory' of this discovery? This was all Spain was ever good it, finding new lands to colonize and peoples too oppress. Hardly anything to be proud about it in my opinion....
Besides, Christopher Columbus was an ITALIAN....
Guest   Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:29 am GMT
Spain colonised the same as Britain and France so English, French and Spanish all carry shame. German wasn't so bad, but their recent wars make up for it. Russian carries the shame of Stalin.

As you can see, it's silly to blame a language for past events, good or bad. That's politics not linguistics. Besides , the world has changed a lot since then.
Guest   Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:32 am GMT
<< Then why the hell you appear on the scene anf begin attacking French just because you prefer Spanish? >>

What? Was my statement about the status of French compared to English untrue? It's simply a fact, not an attack.

<< Why do you insist that Spanish is alternative to English >>

Again Hewlett, you are making things up and reacting to things I never wrote. Where did I write that Spanish is the alternative to Englsih? I clearly stated that English is above all other languages. If you actually pay attention to my post, you will see that I didn't compare Spanish to French. Either you can't understand my posts or you are twisting my words because you can't argue.

<< when you know that Spanish speaking people have contributed nothing to mankind? >>

I try to be fair in my posts but you always resort to making such comments intent on insulting a culture which shows that you are too biased to argue with anyways.

Hewlett, because you are devoid of logic and obviously stubborn and bias, I will no long respond to your posts. It's quite a waste of time. Adios.

<< As you can see, it's silly to blame a language for past events, good or bad. That's politics not linguistics. Besides , the world has changed a lot since then. >>

Yes. Good point.
JLK   Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:37 am GMT
<<Spain colonised the same as Britain and France so English, French and Spanish all carry shame. German wasn't so bad, but their recent wars make up for it. Russian carries the shame of Stalin.

As you can see, it's silly to blame a language for past events, good or bad. That's politics not linguistics. Besides , the world has changed a lot since then.>>

I agree very much with what you say. My native Britain carries considerable guilt too. That said, we gained the vast majority of our empire through peaceful means, namely treaties and economic pacts. This was in stark contrast to the savage brutality used by Spain to conquer what is now Latin America. It just boggles my mind that Hispanics on this forum essentially brag about their ancestor's ability to conquer, pillage and rape. But whatever floats your boat...
mac   Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:42 am GMT
Oops I forgot one:

<< It was you and the rest of the Hispanic fanactics here who started attacking French. >>

Hmm...not so sure about that. Both sides are to blame. There are plenty of Franco fanatics here as well. I take it that you are one also. That's all. Good bye.
mac   Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:50 am GMT
BTW, I was the last Guest post, so it's clear who's writing.

<< This was in stark contrast to the savage brutality used by Spain to conquer what is now Latin America. >>

That's right JLK. Those treaties and economic pacts where really fair for both sides I'm sure. The development of the British colonies in Africa and India was full of sunshine, rainbows, dancing teddy bears, and lollipops, right? The East India Company was a great example of peace, justice and equality of all mankind. I'm sure China was happy to have British, French, etc. colonial spheres of influence in their country as well.

Gimme a break!
greg   Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:44 am GMT
'Guest' : « << Je ne suis pas d'accord : le castillan et le portugais ont une diffusion intercontinentale. Le russe et l'allemand également, mais dans une moindre mesure (numérique et spatiale). >>

Here goes another dissumulation of a hispanix fanatic using greg's name. I know who you are you're Sam. »

Tu te fourvoies totalement : ich bin's, der dieser Nachricht geschrieben hat. Désolé pour mon allemand approximatif.
Guest   Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:56 am GMT
Spain wasn't soley to blame for the atrocities in the new world, more like they were doing the dirty work for the sly teutons to get rich.