8 year-old Wendy Vo speaks 11 languages fluently

Guest   Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:23 pm GMT
I am not jealous.In fact,I want to see more Wendy Vo's.Check youtube and you can see there are only 3 polyglots.One is Wendy.The others are Muhamed Mesic,who is a big fake with no proof of his talent, and Stuard Raj,who demonstrated just a little of the languages he supposedly speaks.In other words,there is insufficient evidence he is really a polyglot.The only one who actually demonstrated her skills was Wendy.I would like to see her critics demonstrated their skills too.Those who can speak 10 or more languages please make some video's and show us your talents.Let us be shocked and awed.We promise We won't be jealous.
Guest   Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:43 pm GMT
There is a parrot speaking 12 languages on Youtube.Does that count?Hehehe.
Guest   Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:32 pm GMT
When I'm posessed by the devil I speak 20 languages, Latin and old Hebrew included. Does that count?
Guest   Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:52 pm GMT
Her Brazilian Portuguese is not that good, it's Spanish-sounding, and the intonation is way off. And she does not palatalize t'd's (as in DIa, noiTE) which is very oldfashioned and/or regional (close to being hoarse horse unmerged in US).

As for here English, she pronounces many /z/'s voiceless [s], like in ''Japanese''
Guest   Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:00 pm GMT
Only 20?I speak 60.Ziad Farah is my buddy.He got busted on a Chilean show a while ago therefore I believe I am the greatest living polyglot on earth at this time.I just can't make video's because my Camcorder is broken.I don't want to go on any show because I am a little shy.If you guys want to become polyglots,feel free to ask.
Guest   Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:07 pm GMT
Her Brazilian Portuguese is not that good, it's Spanish-sounding, and the intonation is way off.

Because the Spanish language has a more intuitive pronunciation, hence she grasps it better. Children love to pronounce the trilled r.
Guest   Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:28 pm GMT
Her Brazillian Portuguese is pretty good.It just sounds like the dialect from north Brazil,I think.
Guest   Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:13 pm GMT
She sounds exactly like a child from north-eastern Brazil.