French from France vs Quebec French (Canadian French)

numéro 2   Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:14 pm GMT
«Nous venions d'éxûmer l'enveloppe charnel de l'évêque»
«Je viens faire une soumission pour le chantier sur lequel vous travaillé»
«ouin faque chtallé chez eux hier soir pi le quand on cé lvé on a mangé des toasts»

Je suis québécois aussi mais je pense que tu devrais poursuivre tes études

on dit ou écrit; 1-nous venions d'exhumer l'enveloppe charnel de l'évêque,
2-Je viens faire une soumission pour le chantier sur lequel vous travaillez.
3-ouin faque chtallé chez eux hier soir pi «le» quand on s'est lvé on a mangé des toasts. (je sais pas ce que vient faire le «le», peut-être «là» à la place et puis «cé», c'est pas nécessaire de l'écrire comme ça.)
4-(Je sais pas trop ce que t'as voulu écrire; I sait tu... peut-être. Pas aussi courant que tu le dis)
On s'aperçoit bien que la langue écrite se détériore au Québec contrairement à la langue parlée.
Ouais   Mon May 03, 2010 3:12 am GMT
Celine Dion Interview on Les Stars de l'annee 2007 France 2, 29 Dec 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXVrTN_efl8

Celine spoke in this interview minus Quebecism but with Quebec accent. Listen to her pronunciation of the word "incroyable'.
boz   Wed May 05, 2010 11:55 am GMT
« on dit ou écrit; 1-nous venions d'exhumer l'enveloppe charnel de l'évêque, »

Enveloppe est un mot masculin, au Québec ??
+Fr+   Sat May 08, 2010 3:53 am GMT
French is very very unlikely to die in Canada. Just listen to the girl in thius video struggles with her English. THis is in Nouveau-Brunswick and one can still find many folks who are still monolingual in French.

Acadian Day ~ Fête National des Acadiens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj7WTsegsJ4&feature=related
Une Québécoise Fière   Sat May 15, 2010 4:40 am GMT
I seriously think this debate is absurd. French is French. Accents like in any other contry, region, even city , CHANGE. Any american can tell you that it changes from state to state. A guy from Quebec City will not have the same accent as one from Montreal just like a guy from California compared to one from Tennesse.

We tend to forget that we all live on the same plane, we're all human beings. Why try to find things to set us appart when there's so many things that connect us. We're all different but deep down we're all the same.

I speak french. not Canadian french, not European or metropolitan french or whatever... just french.

Just like someone from UK would say he or she speaks ENGLISH. Americans will say they speak ENGLISH, Australians qill say they speak ENGLISH. A language is a language, no matter where it's spoken.

stop the hate
Peacemaker   Sat May 15, 2010 4:43 am GMT
"Enveloppe est un mot masculin, au Québec ??"

Aucunement. C'est une erreur de genre.

Personne n'est parfait ^^
Alberto   Sat May 15, 2010 6:26 am GMT
Both French from Paris (France) and French from Quebec (Canada) are totally unimportant in today's world.

We Canadians couldn't care less. I have never used it in my whole life and I will never do. I have zillions of better things to do, really.
Balloon   Sat May 15, 2010 12:14 pm GMT
Well, Quebecois will survive until Spanish replaces your English.
PARISIEN   Sat May 15, 2010 12:22 pm GMT
L'avis d'un Hispano-Anglosexuel ne compte pas.
Juanjo   Sat May 15, 2010 1:33 pm GMT
Spain established its first settlement in the Pacific Northwest at Nootka Sound, on Vancouver Island, in 1789. The estuary had first been charted and claimed by Juan José Pérez Hernández in 1775.

The island was further explored by Spain in 1789 by Esteban José Martínez, who established the settlement of Santa Cruz de Nuca and the artillery battery of Fort San Miguel at Puerto de San Lorenzo de Nuca.

Therefore, the province should be named Spanish Columbia, and its official language should be Spanish, and perhaps English as well, just for the sake of multiculturalism.

But never, ever French. The French never set foot there and today no one in Vancouver could care less about French. Cantonese is more important than French in Vancouver actually, and I'm not kidding now.
Jeanjo   Fri May 21, 2010 11:37 am GMT
France presence in Brtitish Colombia goes back more than years ago. In September, 1860, the Oblate Fathers from France began to concentrate their activities on the vast region of the estuaries of the Fraser River. Father Leon Fouquet, a French theologian who had abandoned a brilliant career as a writer in France to work with the natives in Western Canada, was responsible for the construction of two small churches in New Westminster; Saint- Pierre for the white folk and Saint-Charles for the natives.

The Fraser River Lumber Company owned by A.D. McRae of Winnipeg and Peter Jansen of Nebraska was responsible for bringing many French-Canadians from Quebec. In 1907 tensions between white and Asian workers had led to anti-Asian riots in Vancouver. In 1908 the lumber firm sent French-Canadian Theodore Thereaux, accompanied by Oblate Father Patrick O’Boyle, to Montreal to recruit workers. In September, 1908, some 500 arrived by train at Little Fraser station at the present site of Blue Mountain Park in Coquitlam.

Therefore, the province should be named French Columbia, and its official language should be French, and perhaps English as well, just for the sake of multiculturalism.

But never, ever Spanish. The Spaniards never established there and today no one in Vancouver could care less about Spanish. Cantonese is more important than Spanish in Vancouver actually, and I'm not kidding now.
Jeanjo   Fri May 21, 2010 11:41 am GMT
À l’aube des Jeux olympiques et paralympiques d’hiver de 2010 et dans un désir de créer un symbole rassembleur, la communauté francophone de Colombie-Britannique a entrepris des démarches pour élaborer une marque francophone britanno-colombienne. Cette marque sera utilisée par les francophones et les francophiles pour souligner la présence francophone en Colombie-Britannique.

ORIGINE DE LA MARQUE

Les premiers travaux visant à élaborer une marque francophone ont débuté à l'automne 2007 alors qu'un comité composé de représentants d'organismes francophones s'entendait sur l'importance d'une telle marque pour rehausser la visibilité des francophones de Colombie-Britannique et signifier leur ouverture à l'ensemble de la population de la province. Cette marque, composée d'un slogan et d'un symbole graphique, a été lancée en mars 2009. Le lancement a été suivi d'une campagne publicitaire destinée à amorcer le processus de reconnaissance des francophones, de leur diversité et de leur intégration au sein de la communauté plus large de Colombie-Britannique.

FRENCH, A PART OF US -
LA COLOMBIE-BRITANNIQUE, J’EN FAIS PARTIE

Le message véhiculé à l’ensemble de la population de la province est celui d’une communauté bien intégrée. En effet, peu importe leur origine, les francophones se sentent chez eux en Colombie-Britannique et contribuent à la vitalité de la province comme le font les autres habitants de ce magnifique territoire. Ils forment une partie de cet ensemble qu’on nomme Colombie-Britannique et s’y intègrent parfaitement. C’est dans cet esprit que la communauté francophone déclare : « French, a part of us - La Colombie-Britannique, j’en fais partie ».

http://www.jenfaispartie.ca/
http://www.jenfaispartie.ca/index2.html

On the eve of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, in a desire to create a unifying symbol, the Francophone community of British Columbia has taken steps to develop a British Columbian Francophone brand. This brand will be used by Francophones and Francophiles to emphasize the Francophone presence in British Columbia.

ORIGIN OF THE BRAND

The first efforts to develop a Francophone brand began in the fall of 2007, when a committee made up of representatives of Francophone organizations agreed on the importance of such a brand to enhance the visibility of British Columbia’s Francophones and indicate their openness to the province’s population as a whole. This brand, comprising a slogan and a graphic symbol, was launched in March 2009. The launch was followed by a promotional campaign to begin the process of acknowledging Francophones, both in their diversity and their integration within the broader community of British Columbia.

FRENCH, A PART OF US -
LA COLOMBIE-BRITANNIQUE, J’EN FAIS PARTIE

The message conveyed to the province’s population as a whole is that of a well-integrated community. Indeed, regardless of where they come from, Francophones feel at home in British Columbia and contribute to the province’s vitality, as do the other inhabitants of this magnificent region. They form an integral part of this entity called British Columbia, and they fit in perfectly. It is in this spirit that the Francophone community declares “French, a part of us - La Colombie-Britannique, j’en fais partie.”

OWNERSHIP OF THE BRAND

The Francophone brand belongs to all of British Columbiaís Francophones. It is not associated with a particular organization or individual. However, in order to meet the legal and administrative requirements accompanying the creation of a brand, the Fédération des francophones de la Colombie-Britannique has fiduciary responsibility for the brand on behalf of the community as a whole.

PRESENTATION OF THE SYMBOL

The symbol represents a butterfly fluttering its wings. The colours are fresh and vibrant like the forests, water and sky in the province’s landscape. The butterfly’s wings form a heart, the source of vitality and expression. This dynamic and friendly symbol evokes pride and is perfectly suited to the environment that it represents. The wings are transparent and have different hues symbolizing the various regions of B.C. and different places of origin of the Francophones who have joined together with one voice.

http://www.apartofus.ca/
http://www.apartofus.ca/index2.html
Audrey   Wed May 26, 2010 10:29 pm GMT
I'm french canadian and most of us can speak with both accent, i mean, the accent in québec and the accent in france, so yes we understand them very well, there are many accents in quebec, i live 12 hours away from montréal, so its very different, i have friends from france and they can understand me very well. it depends, some people use more quebec expressions and some use more standard french in québec. i know there are some place in france which sounds a little bit more like quebec but its getting more and more rare. i dont think there's a real french, french from france also have their own dialect, standard french is only in movies, all french places have their own dialect, by the way, sorry for my english :)
Franco   Wed May 26, 2010 10:31 pm GMT
Don't worry, English is not a language that you have to speak perfectly like French.
+   Thu May 27, 2010 10:18 am GMT
"Don't worry, English is not a language that you have to speak perfectly like French."

? ? ?

Ignorant Dago