Which language sounds the worst??

Oh   Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:58 am GMT
American English?
Franco   Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:16 am GMT
Yes. But German's close.
Bubba   Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:28 am GMT
Outside of a petty effort at antagonizing someone else, what possible motive could there be for posting such a thread?

Clearly, each of us has deep-rooted emotional ties to certain languages that we speak, and to attack a particular language as "sounding worst" strikes me as a blantant attempt to create discord.

While I might find another language less pleasant to my ear, that would be a very subjective thing. As a speaker of German, English, Dutch and several related dialects, as well as some Spanish, I could hardly be impartial in my assessment of, say, Mandarin or French, which by the very nature of their difference from my native and acquired tongues may strike me as somehow less pleasant to the ear.

Just my $.02-worth. Personally, I'll be discussing something with a bit more intellectual value.

Thanks for listening.
Helga   Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:46 am GMT
German doesn't sound bad! I think when French open their mouth they sound like the barking of the dogs!
Guest   Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:48 am GMT
Spanish is definitely the worst. It sounds so dirty and uneducated.
Skippy   Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:36 am GMT
I think American English sounds awesome... But I'm a native speaker...

Arabic sounds nasty to me... So do alot of Central-Asian languages...
Franco   Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:45 am GMT
Ok, let's make this more educated. What language has the most sounds of frequencies that makes the inner ear bones vibrate in an unpleasant way?
Guest   Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:41 am GMT
>>What language has the most sounds of frequencies that makes the inner ear bones vibrate in an unpleasant way?<<

Strike your ears with a hammer while speaking pleasantly.
Ion   Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:06 am GMT
Polish sounds the worst. It sounds like the language used by gay musketeers...I like polish people though, especially when they are open minded and don't delete postings like this one.
Franco   Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:31 am GMT
Ha ha Ion, your comments are negative and a positive comment of opposing charge is about to come neutralise yours:

Polish is splendid!
Guest   Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:40 am GMT
This is a stupid thread. What sounds bad to one person may sound beautiful to another. It is like asking what color you like less, or what flavor you do not like. What music you do not like?What musical instruments sound bad? Grow up!!
a.p.a.m.   Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:51 pm GMT
Some languages do sound awful. That's just the plain truth. Many people like to badmouth German, but I think it depends on who you are listening to.
I don't care for the sound of Arabic, or Chinese.
hey   Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:34 pm GMT
Greek sounds really nasty.It's like vomiting.
real_Alba   Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:07 pm GMT
Greek sounds like vomiting while taking a shit lol j/k. I like all languages thou of the ones I speak I think Albanian sounds the best(naturally) than Italian, Spanish, and English--the Southern accent is kind of cute. oh yea and French sounds nice too.
Presley.   Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:21 pm GMT
Do you know which topic to discuss is the worst? THIS ONE!!