Which language sounds the worst??

The American   Mon May 21, 2007 5:02 pm GMT
Ha, and they say we're the intolerant ones?
Pepe   Mon May 21, 2007 11:31 pm GMT
Catalan for sure...
Brian   Tue May 22, 2007 5:54 pm GMT
Portuguese has to be one of the ugliest European languages. It just sounds nasty and kind of whiny, especially the Brazilian variety. I just don't like it. Catalan doesn't sound very nice either. I happen to love the way German and Dutch sound; very interesting.

Hebrew and Arabic are both hideous too. They seem to use the same set of sounds over and over in different orders. There are a lot of throaty sounds too.
I like...nice...I like   Thu May 24, 2007 6:57 am GMT
Greek language is really hard and useless and it sounds like a baboons' offer for gay sex. But I like greek women a lot...they're a little hairy though...more razors in Greece...please...Gillette? Proctor? Anyone? Please...?

Turkish language is melodic and useless at the same time. You can't go anywhere with turkish, but in Turkey and Greece, since greeks are 1/2 turkish as everybody knows.

Polish is very nice and it doesn't sound gay at all, just a little too soft even for other slavic speakers.

French is beautiful. Every love story should be in french. For business -english. To execute someone fast and clean, better use German. To waste someones' precious time, use italian. Sex with an orthodox priest should be in greek only (it happens often anyway). To have a car accident as soon a possible, use chinese, it will be a sure bet. If a couple cannot have babies, they should learn some spanish, resolved. If you feel like burning a couple of flags or painting balls to your forehead, or even learning a computer language, start some hindu classes, they will help. For everything else there is eskimo, you can even start having romantic feelings for a sea-turtle, exellent...

Anyway,

Languages of the future are: English, Spanish, Chinese, Hindu, German. The rest will have a hard time to survive. This world will become so tiny that there would be no space for wasted time or even ugly gay greeks...only the nice looking ones will be spared...and used to carry heavy turks on their backs...until they slowly die altogether...

I like...very nice...I like...
I like...nice...I like   Thu May 24, 2007 7:20 am GMT
albanians and kazakh language are the worst and best for a borat comedy.

Borat said

<Can't Kazakhs laugh with the world and forget that the world laughs at them? In a sense, their outrage only makes things worse.
But pull the noose of such outrage a little tighter. I was talking the other day - about press freedom again - to a group of five young Albanian journalists. They were clever, sympathetic and effortlessly bilingual. They were also pretty sore about AA Gill.
You may remember the Gill article in question - from a Sunday Times supplement in July. He called Albanians "short and ferret-faced, with the unisex, slightly bowed legs of Shetland ponies" and "surprisingly fair skins". He called Albania "a Ruritania of brigands and vendettas" where, out of four million people, one million live abroad "and what they do is mostly illegal", like running "the Asda of mayhem" for covert arms trading. He called the Albanian language "a ready-made code for criminals".>

http://www.antimoon.com/forum/t6391.htm
Modify greek please!   Thu May 24, 2007 7:21 am GMT
I must agree. Greek language is unbearable for a non-greek. It must be modified somehow to become more acceptable for our innocent ears.
Guest   Thu May 24, 2007 7:22 am GMT
<<English, Spanish, Chinese, Hindu, German.>>

I think you meant "Hindi." Hindu is what you call a person who follows Hinduism.

If French doesn't make it, German sure as Hell won't, either.

Although Hindi, Spanish, and Chinese are all spoken by lots of people, they are landlocked and isolated and have no room from growth except within their current borders. People in the rest of the world don't learn these much as second languages. Most of the people who speak these languages are first languages speakers who were born into families/countries where it is spoken. Most of these people have to learn English anyways to make it elsewhere in the world.
Maybe...   Thu May 24, 2007 7:29 am GMT
"Although Hindi, Spanish, and Chinese are all spoken by lots of people, they are landlocked and isolated and have no room from growth except within their current borders. People in the rest of the world don't learn these much as second languages. Most of the people who speak these languages are first languages speakers who were born into families/countries where it is spoken. Most of these people have to learn English anyways to make it elsewhere in the world. "

There is some reality to what you say, but in the long term things will change, based on predictions of other linguists. Internet, outsourcing, business interactions, movement of people, etc., will be the driving force behind these other languages and they will not be "landlocked" anymore. Let's see what will happen...
Guest   Thu May 24, 2007 7:41 am GMT
We shall see. But in the 20th century most of the growth of those languages was because the people speaking them reproduced like rabbits. Those large language populations will benefit now only because of the ever increasingly globalized economy. However they are still focused in countries with low (economic) mobility.
Darek   Thu May 24, 2007 7:44 am GMT
OK! It is true that almost all greek women look like heavy-powdered transexuals and that so many greek men are gay, but this is not the place to solve their horrible problems. We must sympathize with their struggle for a place in the civilized world, and not discuss about their disgusting hair issue. I call on everyone to support our greek friends, even though they sometimes get angry at the same people that show them support.

Lol...I used to buy meals at a greek fast-food and the owner was always mean to me, like I owed him money or something, even though I was just making him richer...after a few weeks I couldn't make it anymore and changed my preferred food-stop. Yes...greeks do have an unexplainable attitude sometimes...

Greek language is totally useless for any non-greek. It will die in less than 100 years. Turkish and Bulgarian will take over.
Guest   Thu May 24, 2007 8:24 am GMT
What about Hungarian? When I hear it spoken it's horrible,always with the accent of the first syllable,it seems like people are giving their last breath when they speak.
Greek Imperial   Thu May 24, 2007 11:06 am GMT
WRITTEN in one Greek dialect or another there exists a massive collection of important works, from the poems of Homer and the philosophical works of Plato, to the New Testament books, the Byzantine works of the Christian Church, and the works of modern Greek literature.

Although a great part of these has been and is continuously being translated to many languages, people all over the world keep studying Greek in order to approach and enjoy the genuine meaning of the texts. Cicero said of Plato's Dialogues, that if Zeus were to speak, he would use their language. "When one returns to the Greek", Oscar Wilde writes about New Testament Greek, "it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house."

http://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/lessons/lesson1.asp
Guest   Thu May 24, 2007 11:17 am GMT
I don't see Hindi as a language of the future. It's a language of the Third World. Nobody outside India speaks it. The few Indians who are educated don't need it because they can speak english. And the many Indians who can't read or write and speak only their languages - well who cares about it?
Guest   Fri May 25, 2007 1:45 pm GMT
Bon voilà, Je vous salue tous, je quitte se forum merdique! Pourquoi est-ce que je m'entête à essayer de faire raisonner des antimooners vindicatifs?
Je ne vais donc pas rester ici et me faire chier à partager mes compétences et mon savoir!

(Certaines personnes ne doivent rien comprendre à ce que j'écris, et ne doivent pas deviner le pourquoi de ma colère... Pas étonnant vu que tous mes messages sont supprimés)

Aller, Salut et à jamais!
Alba   Fri May 25, 2007 2:33 pm GMT
<<Albanians "short and ferret-faced, with the unisex, slightly bowed legs of Shetland ponies" and "surprisingly fair skins". He called Albania "a Ruritania of brigands and vendettas" where, out of four million people, one million live abroad "and what they do is mostly illegal", like running "the Asda of mayhem" for covert arms trading. He called the Albanian language "a ready-made code for criminals".>

short and ferret-faced???? hahahha W.O.W. have you ever met any Albanians???? Yes we may be short but we're usually better looking than you I would bet. "surprisingly fair skins????" loooooool Yes people in Europe are usually fair skin, unless they are gypsie or Greek. and there arent four million Albanians hahahaha there's at least 10 million in the Balkans and at least 6 million in USA and Western Europe combined. If you want to find ferret-faced, dark, monkey looking people just go next door to Greece or look in the mirror. And Borat was stupid, it was filmed in Romania, and he spoke Polish, if anything he was making fun of Eastern European countries than some central Asian country no one has ever heard of.