Speaking in English can damage your English

Michal Ryszard Wojcik   Saturday, January 19, 2002, 16:24 GMT
to alex:

You wrote: "Some people are visual, others audible, and some are a; just to mention a few."

What do you mean?
Piotr   Friday, February 01, 2002, 05:56 GMT
Start speaking as soon as you are able to string a few words anyone would listen too. You will refine your style and quality later on. You need proficiency and communication first. This is the goal of the language. Tested on myself with ruthless efficiency. I do not mind carrying some scars from ten years ago. We are not slaves of perfect English. It is English which should serve people in their needs. It must adapt to those needs. Early speakers are excellent molders of fluency and sifters of inconsistency
Tom   Friday, February 01, 2002, 18:50 GMT
> You need proficiency and communication first.

Why?
I am learning German. Who says I need to communicate in German right now? My goal is good German in 2 years.

<<<<
Early speakers are excellent molders of fluency and sifters of inconsistency
>>>>

I don't understand what you mean by this sentence.
ambarish kumar singh   Friday, April 12, 2002, 15:37 GMT
dear sirs,
my problem is that i just don't know why i don't feel like talking to my friends who talk good and correct and fluent english.
may be i feel that they may laugh at me and neglect me and won't give me the response needed.Tell me why is this hesistation?
Michal Ryszard Wojcik   Friday, April 12, 2002, 16:41 GMT
To ambarish kumar singh:

Perhaps your pronunciation is much worse than your friends' pronunciation. Perhaps this is the reason for your hesitation.

Judging from the sample of your written English, I suspect that you don't have problems with grammar or vocabulary. So perhaps it's pronunciation.
Mohammed Asad Khan   Sunday, April 14, 2002, 09:08 GMT
Why?
I am learning German. Who says I need to communicate in German right now? My goal is good German in 2 years.

- My question is to you why are you learning 'German language'?

Sir, I tell you that you've to communicate right now. No matter what your aim is to get good German in 2 years.
Which year is going on - '2002'; German government is providing 50,000 Jobs opportunities, plus, german nationality too. so those boys & girls can avail this opportunity who are able to work in german language.

No one knows what will be the level of this offer after two years.
So you're on God's good humor If you don't communicate right away.

If you're not interested in communication. It's not a big deal. For all I know, If I want to learn German language from you, Can you help me to teach this language with the help of nest eggs.

The final result is, you can avail the best opportunities on the spot.

Why do I need to communicate In English language right away? My goal is good English in 2 years. Now I've become a university student, and I belong to a third world country. I've to fufill my needs. Having said that, I'll try to seek different jobs for that. Here in my country, you can't get a good job without these two skills.
-Educational skill
-Communication skill ( A fluent speaker of English language).

If you have a good communication skill, you are hired on the spot.
You're salary will be doubled as compared to others who don't speak good English. My conclusion is here as follow:

"It is English which should serve people in their needs. It must adapt to those needs."