CANADIAN and AMERICAN accent, whats the difference?

Pilgrim   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 13:49 GMT
Even if it does not happen, it already is a de-facto 51st state. What with 50% of Canadian businesses owned by Americans, and our cultural influence over Canada, aren't Canadians struggling to find their own identity since so much of it is already American anyway.

It is only a matter of time really. Besides, it is in your best interest.
Sybill   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 18:50 GMT
Canada is completely separate from the united states as it is much bigger, has the Queen as the head of state and has a population of 25 million. It also doesn't choke the Earth with polluatants like the US does. It provides 50% of the waste in the World by just 5% of the World's population.
Pilgrim   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 20:40 GMT
Yeah...the Queen as head of state. I guess the Canadians are just not mature enough to be Independent. Gosh...a foreign power as head of state, how low can you get! Unless of course Canada is just considered a province of England? How pathetic! England lost its world power eons ago. As Babylon did fall, so did the mighty British Empire. Just become a state of the Greatest power in the World.

Much bigger? That is right..what is the use of all that land when you can't even live in it? You guys got the raw end of the deal.

Sybill, darling, take a chill pill. Don't go acting innocent with me. From your previous comments, you are from England, right? Hey look we're not the ones who started the Industrial revolution . We're not the ones who went out raping and pillaging 75% of the World's population for the benefit of a teeny, weeny Island off the coast of Europe. I'm not saying we're perfect , all I am saying is that judge not lest ye be judged.
Rosalind Harris   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 21:05 GMT
Oh allright let us just stop this meanness at once. I mean we all say we hate each other and insult the other but when push comes to shove, Canadians and Americans stick up for each other. This may seem really fru-fru but I remember the pairs scandal in the Olympics. It was the American judge or official who pushed the issue and insisted that the Canadians be given the gold .

It reminds me of the New York New Jersey relationship. I'm from New Jersey (though born in Connecticut). New Yorkers keep on saying that they own the statue of Liberty and that there is nothing in NJ who would want to live there. A common saying among New Yorkers that I utterly detest is " New Jersey does not count, nobody knows where that is so New Jerseyians should just say that they are from New York." New Jerseyians complain of the rudeness of the New Yorkers, that the statue of Liberty should be solely ours etc etc. But at the end of the day, we are "tristate" , NY, NJ , Connecticut area. We are all interconnected. We work in New York City but we live in New Jersey and Connecticut.
J   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 21:22 GMT
Pilgrim

'As Babylon did fall, so did the mighty British Empire.'

Be mindful that all Babylons must fall, and that which is mighty must one day be laid low.
Proud Canadian !   Tuesday, December 03, 2002, 23:07 GMT
Like hell Pilgrim... Best interest my ass !! Look around yourself, because of the attacks, canada fell to number two for best country to live in !! It'll pick up... Our best interest is to live AWAY from the US, we are assimilated and we are tired of being compared to the US.

Besides, our culture, identity, personality, behaviour is NOTHING like americans, NOTHING. You would know if you ever visit !! So, my advice to you is to SHUT UP and check your facts, you ignorant halfwit... It's people like you have give all the decent, well mannered americans a VERY BAD NAME !

I have never met a canadian who would say he would be a proud american, not that we don''t like americans, we're just tired of being associated or compared to them...... I am sick of it ! I may live in North America, but I am not an american ! Canada is my home, always will be, don't care about better job oppertunities in the US, I will never move there or accept a job there.... Over my dead body.
Jim   Wednesday, December 04, 2002, 00:45 GMT
Dear Misguided Pilgrim,

Please visit Canada to find out just how wrong you are.
Jim   Wednesday, December 04, 2002, 00:54 GMT
The Queen is a better head of state than a moron. The PM's aide shouldn't have to cop any shit for telling the truth.
Pierre   Thursday, December 05, 2002, 03:18 GMT
Canadian's get a life!!! You sound and act like Americans, get your own identity FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! A good example is the Aussies, they have their own identity as they can't be confused with the English or with any other English-speaking nationality. You guys suck, how about becoming another state of the U.S why dont ya???????
Gypsy   Friday, December 06, 2002, 16:45 GMT
No we do not sound or act like Americans !! Our relations to US is like Aussie/England... alike but SOOOOOOO TOTALLY different. As a matter of fact, we are culturally and more alike to Australians than Americans !! honestly. Both very polite, decent cultures. We are NOTHING like the US, we just live next to them cuz WE HAVE NO CHOICE. Just because we do a lot of exchange and visit the US a lot, does not mean we are like you !! We don't want to be ! It's called being friendly and ALLIES, that is all ! We are in NORTH AMERICA as well, we are part of the continent but not part of the same NATURE... Get that to your freaking heads, those of you who are IGNORANT ans SELFISH americans. I am tired of some ppl living in the US thinking we are exactly like them... If you would visit, you would understand !! WAKE UP and stop acting like you know everything Pierre !!!!
Mark   Friday, December 06, 2002, 17:36 GMT
There is not a big difference between the American and the Canadian accents unlike the English and the American.
Patricia   Friday, December 06, 2002, 18:23 GMT
You americans think you're the cream of the crop!! Well you're not!!! You smell of crap, eat crap, carry crap around with you and basically want to be the warriors of the World. You're so hated throughout both LEDC's and MEDC's in the World (especially Europe) because you think that the World is yours and think that it is your God given right to rule over it!

Take a hike you fatties!
Patricia   Friday, December 06, 2002, 18:26 GMT
As if we'll become states of the USA!! I'd rather us be called the United Kingdom of Great Briton, Northern Ireland and Canada. Then we'd never be associated with the crappo's over the border in fatty land! Actually I wouldn't mind the Queen staying on as head of state, she's doing a good job and seems pleasant enough!
Hayley   Friday, December 06, 2002, 18:57 GMT
What is wrong with being fat? I would like you to say that to a fat person's face. I thought Canadians were nice. I guess you are not nice as you are made out to be.
American Patriot   Friday, December 06, 2002, 21:09 GMT
Dear All,

Why don't we just accept that most of us Americans want to have an empire just as the Brits once had. We ain't nothin like the Canadians, Aussies or anyone else!
I'm sorry to admit this, but my home country is more like the divided states of America more than the united states of America. All we do is go around bombing the middle-east, most of us don't know where Iraq is, we don't have any specialities and half to ask the Brits or French for advice all the time.
Sure the British empire fell like all other empires before her. But America will never gain an empire. I feel ashamed to call myself American, we have the reputation of being ignorant, fat and stupid! Of which we deserve fully, I don't blame the Canadians, all we do is kill their soldiers as well when their our allies. Every War film we make, it seems that we won the war, take for example that submarine film, it was the Royal Navy not ours that successfuly won that battle! We shot countless British planes down in the second world war. And I just heard Bush say recently that most of my fellow Americans think that Germany was our Allie in the war?

What the fuck is wrong with the US!