The best way to listen

BABA, Mukondzi   Wednesday, June 18, 2003, 20:09 GMT
Hi,

I have a big problem about my language. My problem is to understand what someone else is saying. I read a book without using a dictionary. If today I can understand what my partner says, I can say I'm bilingual.

So, someone can tell me the best way to practise my listening?

Thank you very much.

Have good or good night.

Nice to read your comments.
Rat   Wednesday, June 18, 2003, 20:11 GMT
Hi,

I think you must have friends who speak english and listen TV, radio and so on

Good luck
efmvamn   Wednesday, June 18, 2003, 21:25 GMT
There's no secret. The more you listen, the more you improve your understanding. Don't loose your courage if you hardly understand anything at the begining, for this is a step by step work. You will progressively understand how they pronouce this and that till you are able to understand everything. Of course, this won't be steady. You will sometime make a big step in a short time and sometime you will have, in the contrary, to bear with your remaining to the same stage for quite a long time. But never give up, since you always make progress eventually.
The only "secret" is to work steadily and to stay courageous.
That's why I don't wish you good luck, because everything is up to you and not to the luck! What I wish to you is to find all the necessary inner strengh to reach your aim. :)
BaBa   Thursday, June 19, 2003, 16:45 GMT
Thanks efmvamn
mike   Wednesday, June 25, 2003, 16:51 GMT
You have to be as much focused on the spoken language as possible. From my own experience I came to realize that my listening comprehension skills vary from day to day. One day I follow easily and another day I don't. Try to practice your concentration abilities. There are a number of methods. Our minds tend to float in an uncontrollable fashion and therefore the more often you harness it the sooner it will get used to being in a constant concentrated state. The state will allow you to understand what others say quite easily. Good luck.