Do you wish you had a different accent?

Kabam   Friday, June 27, 2003, 20:41 GMT
Clark, did you try the site about french accent yet?
Clark   Friday, June 27, 2003, 20:50 GMT
Not yet, but I saved it to my favourites. I shall try it later today.
mee   Friday, June 27, 2003, 20:57 GMT
apart from the popups, i found the link very interesting kabam, thank you!
Nettan   Friday, June 27, 2003, 21:14 GMT
Hi!!

is there any swedish people here?
Clark   Friday, June 27, 2003, 21:42 GMT
Nej, jag dinkar inte. That is my German-Swedish.
Clark   Friday, June 27, 2003, 21:44 GMT
I just checked the site out. Very interesting!
Kabam   Friday, June 27, 2003, 22:50 GMT
I'm glad you appreciate the site, Clark and Mee. :)
Julian   Wednesday, July 02, 2003, 06:07 GMT
>>> ...it is pretty easy to know which countries use which spellings of English. Any country that is not America, whose native/official language is English, uses the same spelling system as England. America is the only country that does not use "Commonwealth English" spelling... <<<

Although not the native tongue of the region, English is one of the official languages of the Philippines, making that country the third largest English speaking nation in the world (after India, and the US). They use the American spelling system.

My grandparents, who were born and raised there during the American colonial period, were educated in everything American: the language, the history, the culture, the national anthem... So much so that the older generation know virtually little about their native history. That isn't true anymore as Filipinos today continue to strive for a native national identity. However, private schools (public, in the UK) continue to be taught in English, as well as most college courses.
New comer   Wednesday, July 02, 2003, 21:35 GMT
I wish I could imitate any accent anytime I wished. To switch from American accent to British accent, ...etc.
derek   Thursday, July 03, 2003, 15:45 GMT
me too
Miguel   Friday, July 04, 2003, 16:43 GMT
I don't really care accent at the moment. the most important is not to make mistakes while speaking and writing, accent comes after...
shana   Saturday, July 05, 2003, 12:22 GMT
I do care about my accent as I am preparing for a Proficiency level exam. I took some accent lessons in Canada and they were quite effective.
Ashley   Sunday, July 06, 2003, 20:15 GMT
I don't think i would want another accent, I think british accents are cool tho :). I live in the usa. I can understand Britains, but anyway i wouldn't change my accent.
Bea   Sunday, July 06, 2003, 20:37 GMT

Do you know any radio web pages where I could listen to news in English online? You have written so much about accents that it's time to start listening to proper??English at last. Thanks in advance.
On TV, On Radio, On line!   Sunday, July 06, 2003, 21:59 GMT
http://www.bbc.co.uk/

BBC London, on 94.9 FM!