When will the English language be reformed?

how about   Monday, March 03, 2003, 15:55 GMT
u=you
re=are
ur=your
Michael   Monday, March 03, 2003, 16:11 GMT
how about;

I= Ich am= bin
you= Du are= bist
He she it= er sie es is= ist
we= wir are= sind
you= ihr are= seid
they= sie are= sind
Simon   Monday, March 03, 2003, 16:13 GMT
How about changing all nouns to Marklar, like in South Park?
Simon   Monday, March 03, 2003, 16:16 GMT
Then we wouldn't have any marklars in communicating with marklar. And every marklar would be able to understand each other, without having to learn each other's marklars. Think of the marklars! No more marklars. Still, it might put a few marklars out of a marklar but they'd find other marklars because marklar would increase marklar.
J   Monday, March 03, 2003, 18:28 GMT
Simon

I think that it might be a good marklar. But what if I get my marklar mixed up with my marklar? Then we would all be marklared........
Jim   Tuesday, March 04, 2003, 02:17 GMT
Whot dhe marklar if wee all get marklared? Mix yor marklars and let dhem marklar eech udher. It's gonna bee wun big happy marlkar so let's all get marklared and marklar tuugedher.
Jim   Tuesday, March 04, 2003, 02:21 GMT
How about
are ==>> ar
you ==>> yuu
your ==>> yor
you're ==>> yuu'r
kurre   Tuesday, March 04, 2003, 05:27 GMT
Ther wil b no re4rm, and u r al crayzee.
Re: Making English Phoenetic   Tuesday, March 04, 2003, 10:01 GMT
This is kind of like sex without foreplay. Only men would be for it.
Jim   Wednesday, March 05, 2003, 03:31 GMT
Why duu yuu think so?
kurre   Wednesday, March 05, 2003, 07:07 GMT
I don't necessarily think that a reform is a bad idea. Many times I have wondered why some words are pronounced differently than they look. But I have been speaking and reading English for so long as it is written now, it would be more confusing to read phonetically than the messed up way it is now.
cmhiv   Wednesday, March 05, 2003, 07:22 GMT
I am currently working on a project to make the English language more "English." For example, "mutton" is a French word for the meat of a lamb. So, I used a compound to come up with a very simple word for mutton; "lamb-meat." So, "pork" would be "pig-meat" and "beef" would be "cow-meat."
mjd   Wednesday, March 05, 2003, 07:29 GMT
cmhiv,

I don't think lessening the pool of vocabulary words is a good idea. I suppose it would make things more simple, but we'd lose out on many words that enrich the language.
cmhiv   Wednesday, March 05, 2003, 07:33 GMT
I would not be taking away any words; I would just be replacing French origin words for English origin words or compound words.
kurt   Wednesday, March 05, 2003, 07:33 GMT
that just sounds funny. "Today we are having pig-meat chops, and tomorrow we will have cow-meat steak." I don't know how you can even say that with a straight face.