Learning the American accent

Clark   Friday, October 03, 2003, 19:12 GMT
Jim, no, I was not kidding; I miss the English weather. I get sun all year round! I am a little worried about skin cancer as I have noticed some peculiar spots on my arms and back. Anyways, I like the overcast weather a lot better than skin cancer prone sunny weather!
Anti-AmeriMoon   Friday, October 03, 2003, 22:30 GMT
mjd, if you really want to know the answer, search what the Headstander's main characteristic is.
Holly   Friday, October 03, 2003, 23:46 GMT
I am 20 years old now.No, I didn't go to an American school I was homeschooled.But I want to learn the American accent so I will become more Americanized!I already use American Grammar and Spelling.
mjd   Saturday, October 04, 2003, 07:15 GMT
Anti-AmeriMoon,

Well my head isn't heavy, that I can assure you. If you want to talk in terms of fish....you don't offer any bait (i.e. an interesting conversation....you're just a broken record and very unoriginal).

Look, the proof is in the pudding. You don't address any issues and you don't partake in any discussions on this forum. You'll pinch something from another web site or lecture us (nothing you write contributes anything to the discussion on languages).

I've tried to have a discussion with you, but you appear to be so blinded by bigotry or just plain immaturity that my efforts have proven futile. You can call me all the names you want ("headstander" or whatever tickles your fancy), you can write obscure quotes in Latin (I don't believe you speak Latin, but at times you'll include it in your posts to make yourself seem and feel like an intellectual...stolen from another web site, no doubt), and you can rant and rave to your heart's content. The truth of the matter is....you appear quite foolish, but I do get a kick out of you.

You've got heart, kid...but I don't think you're very bright.
Jaro   Saturday, October 04, 2003, 08:30 GMT
Lol Holly, why do you want to americanise yourself? Where do you hail from?