Who or what is Antimoon?

Hythloday   Friday, October 24, 2003, 23:24 GMT
Have you ever wondered who or what is monitoring this site? Who set this website up? What is it for? Who archives all the material? Sinister, I reckon.
Richard   Saturday, October 25, 2003, 01:19 GMT
The website seems to be against the moon or something. Why do they call themselves antimoon. They know if we don't have the moon, there will be problems, because we need the moon.
Ricardo   Saturday, October 25, 2003, 03:23 GMT
I found this site about one year ago and I remember that at that time these informations were easy to realize. The site was established, or kept running, by two English teachers from some eastern european country (if I'm not wrong , from Poland). Almost all visitors were non native English speakers, like me.

I have been absent for several months, and now that I got back to take a look, it seems to have changed a lot in its dynamics, but keeping the same visual identity. The origin of the name "Antimoon" was asked and answered at the time, but I can't remember the answer now. Anyway , it was nothing advocating the destruction of Earth's satelite .

Hope this helps.
Ricardo   Saturday, October 25, 2003, 03:30 GMT
A better answer : just click in the link below the "Send message" button on this same page, the link titled "the Antimoon team".

http://www.antimoon.com/about/aboutantimoon.htm#aboutwebmasters
Richard   Saturday, October 25, 2003, 03:43 GMT
anti-moon means against the moon. anyone that is against the moon is a real lunatic because we need the moon.
Richard   Saturday, October 25, 2003, 03:45 GMT
Yeah, why would someone want to destroy the moon, are they tired of being a lunatic or something. and also, do any of you believe in actual lunatics. Why would the moon affect anyone. I don't believe in real lunatics.
Ryan   Saturday, October 25, 2003, 15:51 GMT
Maybe Tom should change the name of the site to Promoon then.
messire lavoisel   Saturday, October 25, 2003, 16:02 GMT
or Moon's supporters!
Antimoon lover   Saturday, October 25, 2003, 16:16 GMT
Antimoon is a very nice name.
Ryan   Saturday, October 25, 2003, 23:57 GMT
The moon gives us tides. If there were no moon, then there would be no tides, and that would be awful because then the Blondie song "The Tide is High" would be meaningless.
manned mission to mars.   Sunday, October 26, 2003, 00:12 GMT
How likely do you think a manned mission to Mars is? People have been to the moon and now they can go to Mars. We're in the Space Age. But, of course it will be a 6 month trip to get there, unless they build faster spacecraft, and it will be a 6 month trip back to Earth. Since they will go on a long trip unless spacecraft are faster, they need to bring.
1.spacesuits-with-heaters
2.medicines and treatments in case someone gets sick.
3.A radio to talk back with the people on Earth.
4.A video camera to record the Mars walk on television just like they did the moonwalk.
5.a lot of water and food too last for 12 months.
6.A TV, CD player, computer, books, a lot of fun things to do, since they will get bored.
7. And also, important they need exercise equipment.
That's about it.

Who do you think will get to Mars first. Will The United States get there first and will they place an American Flag on Mars.
Pentatonic   Sunday, October 26, 2003, 00:13 GMT
OK Richard, I get the connection between lunatic and the moon so you can stop saying it. :)

I find it interesting that many of you are using this board but obviously have not read the rest of the site at all. You should really read it sometime as there is lots of good information there. Much better info than you'll find here (sadly).

I was fascinated with the techniques they developed and how Tom and Michal learned English. And, I'm indebted to them for turning me on to SuperMemo which is the coolest software I've found in a while.
Richard   Sunday, October 26, 2003, 00:17 GMT
I don't believe the moon really affects anyone. I don't believe in ''real'' lunatics. Why would the moon affect anyone. the moon only does good things not bad things.
Ryan   Sunday, October 26, 2003, 05:04 GMT
Maybe lunatics are called lunatics because a crazy person came up with the idea that there is a "man in the moon," and a different crazy person thought that the moon was made out of green cheese.
Boy   Sunday, October 26, 2003, 22:34 GMT
Okay. Faker mjd, You are gay. Trust me It'd be a good sex exp for you If you did it with a girl. I don't understand the logic of gays and lesbians.

Landing on moon was fake too. Who took pictures of those astronuats from back side when they were placing the flag on the surface of it.

First of all, once we know how to live peacefully on Earth then we should think about moving to live on other lifeless planets.