words easily confused/please ask your questions here.

Julian   Sunday, November 30, 2003, 19:16 GMT
learner,
An English teacher (or any teacher for that matter) can announce the end of a lesson any way he/she wants: "time's up", "we've run out of time", "class is over", "we are done for the day, class dismissed", etc.

Dorian,
The prefix "dis" is usually attached to verbs to mean the opposite of a certain action (usually implying a separation, reduction, or removal: assemble / disassemble, connect / disconnect, qualify / disqualify, approve / disapprove. Occasionally "dis" is attached to adjectives (disorganized, disinterested) but this is an exception to the rule.

"Un" is a native English prefix that you attach to native English words to form the opposite meaning. "In" is a Latin prefix that gets attached to French or Latin derived words. Of course there is no clear way of you knowing the etymology of a word without consulting the dictionary. So, like most native speakers, you just have to learn which negative prefix goes with which word and commit them to memory.
Ali Q   Sunday, November 30, 2003, 20:18 GMT
Excuse please what is difference in words 'bitch' and 'beach'. I am always get confussed and with much hilarity at classroom. Please help.
mjd   Sunday, November 30, 2003, 22:10 GMT
A "bitch" is a female dog, but it's more commonly used as a vulgar slang term for a female.

Example: "I hate that girl. She's always such a bitch."

A "beach" is the shoreline by a body of water (usually the ocean) that is sandy or pebbly.
s.hameed   Sunday, November 30, 2003, 22:25 GMT
Iwant to learn english please help me ineeand grammar
Hythloday   Sunday, November 30, 2003, 23:42 GMT
With all due respect, mjd, I think Ali Q is fully aware of the difference in meaning between the words 'bitch' and 'beach', hence the "hilarity at classroom" - presumably when he is trying to say that he likes going to the beach or whatever. I think he wants to know what the difference in pronunciation is between the vowel sounds in the two words. I take it that our friend Ali is an Arabic speaker, and in my experince Arabic speakers often have problems differentiating between these two phonological variables. Ali, the sound in 'bitch' is a short centralised unrounded close-mid vowel and the sound in beach is a lengthened Cardinal Vowel 1. Hope this helps.
mjd   Monday, December 01, 2003, 01:04 GMT
Good catch, Hythloday.