Differences between American & British English

Xatufan   Monday, June 14, 2004, 00:35 GMT
Please guys (not gays), visit my new "Ought to" forum, where you can find a lot of info about this beautiful, wonderful and everything finished by -ful modal verb.
Eugenia   Monday, June 14, 2004, 00:57 GMT
Xatufan: Well, about your nightmare...I think you should see a psychiatrist :P And that thing about throwing your cookies beacuse the ingredients were wirtten in Arabic, that's called xenophobia...
Xatufan   Monday, June 14, 2004, 01:10 GMT
Eugenia: Don't use "should"! "I think you ought to see a psychiatrist" sounds more harmonical, as the sound of harps playing in the middle of the night.

I don't really think I'm xenophobic. I want to travel around the world and work for the UNO. Is that xenophobia? But maybe I ought to see a psychiatrist. (Did you note the beauty of that sentence?) I think I've got a bad case of schizophrenia. Are you real? I think I'm going mad!
CG   Monday, June 14, 2004, 07:48 GMT
I am speechless.
Eugenia   Monday, June 14, 2004, 21:41 GMT
<<Eugenia: Don't use "should"! "I think you ought to see a psychiatrist" sounds more harmonical, as the sound of harps playing in the middle of the night>> First of all, I'm not writing a poem, and besides using '' harmonious words'' when I'm telling you to see a psychiatrist is a little bit ironic, isn't it? Do you use ‘’beautiful sentences’’ when you are trying to sound harsh?
What do you mean by ''don't use''?? Language is creative and that's the beauty of language. I can choose the words I want to use, words are subjective, that's why somebody chooses to say ''beautiful'' instead of ''nice'', I choose the words ''I'' want to use, I rather say ''should'' instead of saying ''ought to'' because I'm writing to you, not to my headmaster...Do I make myself clear?
<<I don't really think I'm xenophobic. I want to travel around the world and work for the UNO>> First of all, UNO= USA, If you ever get in contact with an Arabian Community send me an e-mail! There are people who are veterinarians and beat their animals, so working in the UNO does not mean that you are a person who likes being in contact with other nations. I was only joking, Xatufan, don’t take everything to heart!

Ps, Does the word ‘’harmonical’’ exist? I think that what you want to say is ‘’harmonious’’, am I wrong?
Dave   Tuesday, June 15, 2004, 17:10 GMT
look im British and we do use the word bloody a hell of alot, but the words bolocks, fukin, and arse are used more. we invented the english language hence the word english so realy ur actualy sayin it all rong. if i ever hear any 1 say root as rowt i will shoot them. i am not jokin.

i myself am a cockney and was born in east london so if you did go around speakin like sum uperclass posh twat then ud get mugged. so all u yanks readin this dont listen 2 any of ur stupid tv programs that think we all speak and Know the queen. dont be so fukin stupid geezer. you americans need to look around u and notice that america is not the only country in the world.

there is a huge amount of british accents from jordie, brumie, glaswegion, west country,to cokney.

i hav never met a singe person who speaks like that stuk up twat hugh grant in the hole of my life. u yanks hav just twisted the english language and stereotyped us english for the rest of the world.

you yanks are gona fall of ur spot as the most powerful country in the world and soon. trust me on that one. you are so heavily in debt to other countrys its ridiculous. by 2015 u will be sum ting like 40 trillion dollars in debt to other countries. you need to grt out ur own arses and stop treatin the world like a big american playground. get it sorted
mjd   Tuesday, June 15, 2004, 17:36 GMT
Good spelling job there, Dave.
Damian   Tuesday, June 15, 2004, 23:20 GMT
Dave...please go to bed and sleep it off. As a Scotsman and a Brit I found your post embarrassing. This forum is for every one from every country and nationality and it is not our place to pass judgments or trade insults. Constructive criticism and friendly comments are a different matter preferably used in acceptable English which is what this site is all about. Keep the Anglo Saxon version for the public bar. As mjd suggests.....sign up for an intensive course in spelling.
Grime   Wednesday, June 16, 2004, 20:18 GMT
im truley and honestly sorry for my mates behaviour. He was completly and utterly drunk when he wrote that note (hence the spelling and the puke on my moniter). he dosnt actualy feel this way and he is a complete idiot. his name is not even dave he is chris and he comes from essex. so to all you americans i am truly sorry for chris's behaviour.
you americans and all that bad anyway
Might Mick   Thursday, June 17, 2004, 06:47 GMT
Looks like Dave needs to look around from time to time and notice more than just the label on the bottle he drinks from.
Kayla   Sunday, June 20, 2004, 23:16 GMT
Xatufan, learn to spell before you criticize....And I'm not trying to pick a fight, just to let you know...
Kayla   Sunday, June 20, 2004, 23:20 GMT
DAVE: What should, as you like to call us "Yanks", call you then?? Let me know and I'll start using it. Just to let you know also, it seems like your saying that Americans are stuck up which not all of us are. We can't help we have an asshole for a leader.
Xatufan   Monday, June 21, 2004, 00:01 GMT
I'm sorry, now I know is "harmonious". I didn't know if that word existed, so I imagined that it had to be similar to Spanish (armónico), so I wrote harmonical. Kayla, I'm pretty sorry and please do not use rude words like "asshole" here. If you want to tell George W. Bush the fact that he is an "asshole" of president, please shout it at his face.

I don't think that Dave (or Chris) wrote this only under the effects of alcohol (maybe he could, but his problem is serious). He might have been under the effect of LSD or something like that. I suggest Chris to visit an Anonymus Alcoholic Organization and to thank God because He gave him a good friend, Grime. Without his help, we couldn't have understood Chris's problem. I'm not a psycologist, I'm just giving friendly advice.

By the way, Dave/Chris wrote something strange:
"i hav never met a singe person who speaks like that stuk up twat hugh grant in the hole of my life."

Is his "hole of his life" deep, or just shallow and 12 cm long?
marianne   Monday, June 21, 2004, 02:21 GMT

can somebody give me infos about the difference of american and brutish speaking? EMAIL ME AT JM212121 YAHOO.COM.PH
MARIANNE   Monday, June 21, 2004, 02:24 GMT

OOPS! SORRY BOUT THE WRONG SPELLING! I MEAN BRITISH NOT BRUTISH!