Least favourite words

Mariya   Monday, March 15, 2004, 17:37 GMT
My least favourite words are "Moist" "gooey" "Damp" "Squishy" "Chunky" "Dripping" "Guts"
Because they sound nasty, makes me sick just thinking about them.

Just wondering why people have least favourite words? Whats the reason why they choose them?
Meow   Monday, March 15, 2004, 17:54 GMT
I have to add Mildew to the list
Words   Monday, March 15, 2004, 18:09 GMT
I guess wouldn't everyone include ''nigger'' on their list of least favorite words.
wassabi   Monday, March 15, 2004, 20:56 GMT
sure.
I hate the word "tendants" b/c i have a phobia of them.
bobo   Tuesday, March 16, 2004, 07:47 GMT
Snot

I've never used that word...
Chilli   Tuesday, March 16, 2004, 10:54 GMT
Liaise.

That's a word that just sends shivers of horror down my spine.
anna   Wednesday, March 17, 2004, 21:29 GMT
hmm, i hate the word epidermous (if that is how it is spelled).
Alice   Thursday, March 18, 2004, 03:53 GMT
I find "soiled" distressing.
Simon   Thursday, March 18, 2004, 07:32 GMT
not a great fan of "pithy" or "egregious".

"Quality time" is a trite cliché but two words, which on their own I quite like. Although, now I think about it I don't like "trite" or "cliché" very much as words, it must be said.
Elaine   Thursday, March 18, 2004, 19:23 GMT
How about words that make you cringe due to over-use or simply because of its absurdity? Here’s a few of my picks:

bling-bling – every serious newscaster on television is now saying this as if it’s hip and cool. No, it’s not. It’s tired.

metrosexual – no thanks! I like my men to look like men.

companion animals – fer chrissakes! How hard is it to say "pets"???

extreme – extreme sports, extreme makeover, extreme adventure, extremely annoying.

evil-doers – one of our President's favorite terms. There's "good" (us) and then there's "evil" (everybody who's not with us).

Homeland Security – how about calling it what it is -- "Big Brother"

faith-based – another one of the Prez's brilliant schemes. Let's allocate tax dollars to fund "faith-based" organizations. (Of course, whenever he talks about faith-based organizations, he only addresses right-wing Christian groups). I guess funding "religious" organizations would go against the separation of church of state that is guaranteed in our Constitution. (Is this man dangerous or what?)
best word   Friday, March 19, 2004, 21:09 GMT
NIGGER
Jenny   Saturday, March 20, 2004, 01:05 GMT
"Mutter" and "murmur" are the absolute worst.
Words that sucks   Sunday, March 21, 2004, 18:47 GMT
Bloody-A term that is used mostly by the britons e.g "would you close the bloody door up?" that is so annoying! you're misusing this nasty word!
I also hate the american virsion of this "delightful" word "fucking" "fuck" and so on. I know both words are not smilar and got diffrent meaning but to me they're the same virsion on diffrent continents
anyone agree?
My least favourite word   Tuesday, March 23, 2004, 17:09 GMT
Is Yanks I hate it!
To "Words that sucks"   Tuesday, March 23, 2004, 17:21 GMT
I don't think any of the words you mentioned really do "sucks" I think you ment socks maybe?
sucks is to suck somthing out of somthing-->I know I'm not the best teacher in the world but I don't really know how to explain what sucks means..you can check it out on some dictionary for a better explanation.. Next time you'll write a word that got a smilar-sounding word' try to find a synonym for it!